Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Water Tank Overflow

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldterry View Post
    Ben - the tank monitors on our 96 Vantare have not worked since we bought the coach. The tank level display is located on the main electrical switch panel between the galley and the bathroom. The level indicator scale is lit (red) all the way up all the time regardless of how full/empty the tanks are. Is there anything that can be reset to make the monitors work again? Where/what is the upstairs MDP cabinet where the tank level unit is located? Would I know it by another name/description maybe?
    Big DUH! I think I may have answered my own stupid question! Could it be that MDP stands for "Main Distribution Panel" and be the same thing as the "main electical switch panel' that I allude to above?

Sorry, I am on Rick's login, but this is Ben. In Vantare lingo, MDP=Main Distribution Panel, which is the main electrical panel area always at the end of the Galley on Vantare coaches. There is no "reset", but rather, if it always reads FULL, there could be a bad sending unit (the pumping unit on the tank), or bad module in the MDP display unit. The sender in the bay on the output wire gives a 0-5vdc signal (empty to full, respectively), that the display needs calibrated to. To simulate empty, pull the air line off the sender in the bay, and it should read 0vdc, and with tank full, should give a 5vdc signal. Hope that helps narrow down the problem. Also, Headhunter Inc in Ft Lauderdale, FL is always very nice and supportive of there product, and you can buy repair parts directly if you so desire. Feel free to give me a call anytime, as sometimes it takes a while for me to get the time to check in on here. 813-830-8619.

Sincerely,
    Ben
    Coach Worx LLC

Ben,
    you`re right Headhunter is very supportive in that they will sell u the complete unit only for $508/ tank sentry , no repair parts because it`s a sealed unit ! Ouch. All three of mine went south even after trying the recalibration steps ,etc. I`m only replacing the black tank for now with the logic that fresh water will fill as needed and shut off when connected to water supply and i know from usage abt when grey tank needs a dump. Fresh water fill valve was removed, cleaned and nothing, needs replacing also $189.

Pete,
    Had a bad fresh water fill solenoid valve. $189 ! Tried to clean it up & adjust ,but no luck. 2001 Vantare with valve located on generator side inside the water manifold & water pump bay. It`s mounted just behind the panel inside bay & relatively easy to access. Hope this helps.

Lightbulb

My .02 worth on this is if you don't have auto fill and I do, I still choose to fill my tank manually and dump at the same time. I turn the water off at the supply manually. This is not an inconvenience just the way I do it. My methods gives me peace of mind and no problems, unless I get to talking to someone around the park and I forget to turn the water off. If you didn't pick it up above, I run off the bus water pump and not the supply pressure, it can take it and I don't have to worry about over/under pressure problems should the pressure regulator go south or the park supply go dead. Just my way of doing things.

JIM

I'm with Jim.

We use the fresh water tank supply also.

A few years ago, we were camping in Virginia when the campground well pump died.

On a long holiday weekend.

That meant no public water at all... no toilets, no showers, no nuthin'...

Guess who had a full tank of fresh water to get them through the weekend ???

Quote Originally Posted by BenC View Post
    Vantare does not use the tank monitor model that controls pump or fresh fill. The unit is strictly for tank level indicating and is located in the upstairs MDP cabinet. There is a float switch near the top of the fresh water tank that shuts off the auto-fill valve circuit. Also, to calibrate the Headhunter units, the adjustments are on the back of the display, not on the sending unit located on the side of the tanks. Hope this helps.
    Yesterday, I opened the MDP and examined the back of the tank monitor display. I didn't see anything to adjust there. What exactly am I looking for? Can you describe what I should be seeing on the back of the display?

I'm with Tuga (and Jon). Having come back from a 2 month trip, and stopping a several locations overnight as well as campgrounds, I think it just makes sense to use the fresh water tank for its purpose...gimmee water NOW. Especially when pulling into locations just for night. Why bother. With my fresh water tank full I doubt that I am loosing very much performance. Also, being a lowly owner of an older coach, I have to manually hook up and unhook as well as hauling a heavy 50amp cord around, so, hook up for elec and not to worry (at least for a couple days). If laundry or dishes, are in line, yup, hook up and use direct feed .

I`m confused Jim. With the park water supply on, water pump on & considering all things are properly working, would you not auto fill the fresh water tank as you use it therfore keeping a full tank all the time ?