Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Water Tank Overflow

Default Fresh Water Tank Overflow

2001 H345 Vantare. Connected water supply & turned on, fresh water fill switch not operating, about 5mins later water overflowing from fresh water tank. Went to connect sewer hose & found fresh water (I assume) draining thru discharge line with black & grey water tank valves closed. Anyone got a direction for me to take for troubleshooting ?
    Got water at faucets & toilet flushes also.

I had similar problem and found that you need to recalibrate the sensors that tell your auto fill to turn off. Mine are headhunter sensors if I remember correctly. Your manual should give you a detailed process for recalibrating. Fairly simple process.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Make sure if you have fresh water flush valves on your grey and black tanks that they are shut off. If not, you can fill your tanks with fresh water and it can back up into your shower, ect.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

ZMAX, what did you determine was the problem? Just curious and would like to know.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Tony,
    Thanks for the reply. I don`t have manuals on these. Searched the headhunter website for them but since they`re older models none found. Do u have the them? These are 2Q models with a reset button on the bottom & no adjustment.

Thanks Pete for that advice. Yes they`re closed.

Spoke to Headhunter rep today & he said to use model WTS on their website as the calibration technique. He mentioned the TS1501 box which houses the pump control circuitry. I have`nt found the box yet & wonder if iIhave one or the calibrating of the tank sentry`s will do the trick?

Vantare does not use the tank monitor model that controls pump or fresh fill. The unit is strictly for tank level indicating and is located in the upstairs MDP cabinet. There is a float switch near the top of the fresh water tank that shuts off the auto-fill valve circuit. Also, to calibrate the Headhunter units, the adjustments are on the back of the display, not on the sending unit located on the side of the tanks. Hope this helps.
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL

Thanks guys. I`ve got it on the operating table now and the doctor should know the verdict today. I`ll report back with diagnosis & fix.

Quote Originally Posted by BenC View Post
    Vantare does not use the tank monitor model that controls pump or fresh fill. The unit is strictly for tank level indicating and is located in the upstairs MDP cabinet. There is a float switch near the top of the fresh water tank that shuts off the auto-fill valve circuit. Also, to calibrate the Headhunter units, the adjustments are on the back of the display, not on the sending unit located on the side of the tanks. Hope this helps.
    Ben - the tank monitors on our 96 Vantare have not worked since we bought the coach. The tank level display is located on the main electrical switch panel between the galley and the bathroom. The level indicator scale is lit (red) all the way up all the time regardless of how full/empty the tanks are. Is there anything that can be reset to make the monitors work again? Where/what is the upstairs MDP cabinet where the tank level unit is located? Would I know it by another name/description maybe?