Great post Paul and I agree the ownership and maintenance is not for the weak at heart. After selling the CC Affinity and watched the tail lights disappear over the hill it was not the moment I had in mind. After doing the boating thing for 30 years that was over, as the fun had disappeared. Not the same feeling with the RV. After a couple of weeks I saw a Prevost at the Flying J across the highway from our storage business. My god, that coach had a good looking paint job. Just was enough to plant the seed.
After one of our RV tenants sold his coach as some vision problems forced him to quit driving his 42 footer coach. I remember his phone call saying his RV driving days are over. It happens, just like that. Work for years to afford one of these and health says otherwise.
Our financial planner tried to talk us out of the expense of our Marathon and said all the things that are probably making good sense. Except I want one of these, we can afford it and who knows how long we can drive one.
Great bus, great rally's, great people, lots to see and do......traveling down the highway with my own bed.