Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OTR - Prevost Nashville

Here is an ebay link for one that includes shipping.. I didn't realize it had gotten so high... I bought 2 30lb on Ebay several years ago for around $200 each and thought that was high.. these are $389 and free shipping and he says he has 10 available.

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...Q5fAccessories

Good Luck !!

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

OOps that link didn't work.. I have to leave but will repost around 9 am sorry !!

Quote Originally Posted by Seabyrd View Post
    Here is an ebay link for one that includes shipping.. I didn't realize it had gotten so high... I bought 2 30lb on Ebay several years ago for around $200 each and thought that was high.. these are $389 and free shipping and he says he has 10 available.

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...Q5fAccessories

Good Luck !!

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.

Jon, good point about the seal replacement. Ii fully expect to pay for what was repaired. The time involved in vaccuum testing the system, well, we will have to wait to see what the outcome is since I have raised quite a stink.
    30 years ago, as a tour bus operator, we had to endure disfunctioning/ or weak A/C in the busses. Our 2001 CC 2 slide XL with CC over-the-raod cooling did a good jub aiding the dash air. Our 2002 Marathon XLII did OK with 2 Cruise Airs running on inverter plus the dash. The most recent past coach, 2000 Marathon H had the cruise airs channeled thru OTR ductwork (No OTR compressor) and did quite a very nice job keep the coach cool in at least 105 degrees in the Barstow area oce.
    So, I was extremely excited about the Beaver's OTR capability with 109K btu of cooling in a 40 footer. I was hugely disappointed this trip. I didn't think we would have to endure roasting in our own bus.
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 08-05-2011 at 09:18 AM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

I am paying my dues for taunting Winchester from snowy Canada. We returned home to a torched compressor in our main living area. Now we are on a quick run to OK and my salon cruiseair took a dump. Tough times on the A/C units. Thank goodness for OTR.....

Okay the ebay item number is 330551225160 . It goes off in 2 hrs but he has 10 or more available.
    For some reason it wouldn't let me put in the full hyperlink to it.. may be because it was so long!? It kept cutting it short and wouldn't work... sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabyrd View Post
    OOps that link didn't work.. I have to leave but will repost around 9 am sorry !!

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.

Prevost Service worked for me....

Just had service work done at Prevost Jacksonville and was very satisfied. They did some work that was not needed and utilized some parts not needed, but did not charge me for the parts or the time spent.

Changed both front windshields and gaskets (a tough job with new gaskets) and I am very pleased with the final product. They also worked on the speedo sender on the left front wheel and while at it changed 5 lug bolts that showed signs of thread damage.

They are not cheap, but did a good job and I believe I was fairly treated. I'll be back!

I was at Prevost Jacksonville last week and they did a great job also,one item which I had an issue with since new was a slide fault code indication that they determined was caused by sawdust that had plugged up a drain and the moisture from rain would take days to dry up.They fixed it free and did 2 recall inspections also,I will also go back there again.

I don't have a problem with Prevost Service Centers. We utilized them in the past and recently in Mira Loma. What I am peeved about being lured to Nashville under the pretense they had enough R-12 only to be told after repairs were made they didn't have it to re-charge our system completely.. I am sure some Entertainer Coach got the R-12 that was in stock when I called, and that our 5 pounds will be placed in someone else's system and be charged 60 dolllars a pound they quoted to us if they had. We were willing to pay for it at that time roughly $1,440.00, if they had had it. Guess they saved us money. But, boy was the trip home HOT.
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 08-05-2011 at 03:13 PM.
    Jim and Chris
    Previous 22 years,

Default Jim

Trip home was HOT. We are about to leave Monument, CO to go home to N Arkansas and am considering driving at night and holing up in daytime at an RV Park either in Salinas or maybe Wichita

Roger,

That sounds like a great idea. We considered it, but had to get home and back to work. We did stay at a KOA in Salina Ks Tuesday nite, just so we had power and let the genset cool off. It requires us to pull it out of the bay to check the oil and to add any if needed. Our single layer leather garden gloves were no match for keeping the hands proteceted from hot genset metal. It took 4 hours to get the bus interior down to where it nicer in than out, and the genset was still very warm the next morning..
    Jim and Chris
    Previous 22 years,