Thread: OTR - Prevost Nashville

Threaded View

Default OTR - Prevost Nashville

Having just completed a 3400 mile trip from Colorado-Oshkosh-Elkhart(RV Hall of Fame)-Knoxville(Jon&Di's)-Prevost Nashville-Sedalia, Mo-Salinas, Ks, we will never know from this trip what OTR is like.

Yes, we have OTR in the Beaver, but by the time we got to Oshkosh it was cooling weakly. So last Wednesday 27th of July I called Nashville Prevost for a Monday morning appt-Aug 1st telling Keith in Service we are having OTR trouble and that we have an R-12 system. He tells me then, they have lots of R-12 and will scope the system out for leaks and faults.
    We get there using our backup, Genset and 3 Cruise Airs, in the aweful heat as we left Knoxville for Goodlettesville Sunday afternoon July 31st.
    Prevost identifies we have a leaky seal behind the compressor clutch the monring of aug 1st. Presto, new seal installed, only to be told they don't have R-12 to fill us up. They had given it to another customer that came last Friday the 29th after I had made our appointment 2 days prior.
    Dsiappointment doesn't even touch the tip of this melting iceberg.
    Now, they captured 5 pounds from our system before the repair, and would not credit us back a equivalent of 60 bucks a pouind they will invariably pump into to someone's elses system and charge them 60 bucks a pound for our 5 pounds. Rose in Service also told me they couldn't place it a To Go container, and what would the point be in putting the 5 pounds back into our system to yield no benefit?
    Service told us, we could opt of changing fittings on the system and the dryer so they could fill us up with 24 pounds of R-134A, only to be told it will be less efficient in a system designed for R-12, will leak out and must be recharged each and every year here on. This just sucks!! I was so excited to get a full charge of R-12 in our OTR only to be told NO.
    So we headed home 2 days ago from Nashville in 100+ degree heat with the genset trying to power our Cruise Airs to help keep us cool
    Yesterday in Sedalia Missouri (Aug 2nd), it was 110-115, before and after lunch, the Cruise airs were screaming, the generator straining to almost red-hot and our coach interior was 98 degrrees. The dogs were lying in the kitchen on the tire floor, our water bay registered 118 degrees, and we were both sopping wet. All because Prevost Nashvilile, took our coach, fixed a seal, robbed us of what R-12 we had on board, and sent us out the door with no real A/C to travel 1300 miles in temps over 100 degrees.
    We are home, the bus is parked, and I will be going to our more reliable Stewart and Stevenson to have our system charged like Prevost should have. Needless to say, we won't be going near Nashville for service again, unless we bring our own parts. I say this because the Parts dept didn't have a simple static discharge rubber strip in stock.
    Nashville is truly a Palace, but from our experience its window-dressing.
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 08-04-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40