Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OTR - Prevost Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    This POG bunch is a class act! Neal's post was answered in a logical gentlemen's manner and not subject to the flaming, rock throwing crap you see on almost every other forum.

This is exactly what sets this forum and group aside from the others.
    If only Congress communicated internally as well as this forum.

Jon. I would have never replied had your post to Dan not implied you are the only one who can judge cool or comfort.

Coloradro. You blasted Prevost Nashville in the start of this post but note they try to correct it at the very end of a long dissertation about how bad I was to question you or Jon.

If you check our previous posts you can find an absolute mess with our bus and Stewart and Stevenson.

We had such a positive experience with Prevost Nashville on a non scheduled basis in March that when we realized we needed more service we altered vacation plans to have service finished there yesterday. We were extremely pleased by the service again.
    Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Alek&Lucia View Post
    Just because of very mature posts like that POG is still rated AAA and no chances to be downgraded to AA+ or less

Alek
    Man.......never thought I'd see the day when "very mature" and "POG" would be used in the same sentence

Neal and Carla,
    I never like hearing about bad experiences but I knew there could be an S&S story. No sense beating a dead horse over and over, we experienced disappointment and have moved on. The Denver area has R-12 available at reasonable prices. I have a standing appt at our S & S to fill 'er up, As I said a few posts back,we didn't do our CYA's upon arrival. The old shouda, coulda, woulda applies here about making sure there was R-12 available at Nashville once we were on site, but we didn't. Our bill that was emailed was satisfactory, so the story should end.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Quote Originally Posted by Neal&Carla View Post
    Jon. I would have never replied had your post to Dan not implied you are the only one who can judge cool or comfort.

Neal
    Neal,

If my words suggested I was the only one who could judge cool or comfort I need to restate my intent. I AM the only one who can judge my cool or comfort. I thought I stated that others may feel comfortable at 85 or some such temperature, but I begin to get comfortable as the temps start dropping through 70F. That is why for a lot of folks a 45 foot coach with slides and one AC working is fine, but subject me to a coach like that with outside temps at 90 or above and I would have heat stroke. I'm still a northern boy.

Regardless of what temperature any of us deems comfortable, for me the bottom line is I need OTR for a variety of reasons.

Neil and Carla are great people. I'll never forget how Peg and I met them the first time @ Rayford RV Resort in the Woodlands, TX. I'll bet Neal & Carla won't forget it either ?? !

Gary S.

I'm not surprised you all (a southern phrase) got along. They saw your Country Coach bumper stickers.

Default OTR...

I surely don't want to rekindle the flames of the pro/con argument regarding Prevost OTR air conditioning.

However.....

I just drove across Florida from Port Saint Lucie to the Tampa area in the middle of the day, a trip of a little more than 3 hours. Even though it doesn't match the searing heat of the desert south west during the summer, central Florida in August with temps in the mid-90's and what feels like 90% humidity, will get your attention.

Now I'm sure that other buses with alternative air conditioning systems can be comfortable on a day like this, but, if you have never driven under these conditions in an OTR equipped bus, you owe it to yourself to experience it.

The cooling capacity is simply incredible.

A Follow UP.

Got a call from the Prevost Nashville Service Mgr, Mike Fitch apologizing for dropping the ball with regard to stocking R-12 for our visit. I told him we were satisfied with the bill as first emailed, but he offered to resubmit it to us less the total labor cost for our inconvenience and for us to cover the parts involved in the repair. I told Mike we wern't looking for any concessions, but we will incur more cost at Stewart and Stevenson to recharge the OTR to complete the job. So, we agreed with Mike to split the difference in the labor charge to help offset what we will be charged at "S" and "S" locally. I wasn't expecting anything other than contact acknowledging our disappointment, so this was a nice surprise. Thank you Prevost Nashville Mike Fitch.
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 08-30-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Sure is nice when they step up and try to make things right. I have been very satisfied with the people at the TN branch. If there has been any question about a bill, they are very good at either explaining it better, or adjusting it to my satisfaction.

I just hope S & S gets your OTR air working to your satisfaction. Sounds like you had a miserable trip home.