Thread: OTR - Prevost Nashville

Hybrid View

As you know Tuga, I have 4 roof top air cond on my bus and just returned from a 3 week trip up to Michigan and Wisc. Of course it was cool there but extremely hot going up and back thru MS., TN. KY, IL, AR, IN, MO, AL and on the road never ran anything but Dash air and one roof top unit off of the invertor and never had problem with heat. When parked at night ran only 2 roof top units. I am happy with performance and the fact that they can be replaced so cheap. No problems to date after 11 years.
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Must be a southern thing Dan. What you consider heat and what I consider heat might be two different things. When I visited my aunt and uncle in FL they would not turn on the AC in their house until it got to 85 degrees inside the house.

By then I was gasping for air and trying to dial 911.

But when they get down to 75 in the house they are walking around with winter coats on.

It was cool enough with me wearing a t-shirt, but I am sure I would not be as happy running in West Tx , az., NM but you can probaly guess that I am not going to try it!!! Sold my first Bus with 3 cruise airs and delivered to Flagstaff because it was much cooler than Phoenix.If I were traveling a lot in the very hot states I am sure the OTR would be very desireable, however I am just a poor redneck from MS and cannot afford the fuel to go that far!!
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

I'll bet if Gordon had roof airs, the outcome would have been much better. The roof airs don't shut down like the CA's. We just finished up a month of travel with the worst ambient temp of 101 and most of the time running was in the 90's. All we needed for most of the trip was the dash and the 2nd overhead evaporator running and only had to fire the gen with the roof airs one day while getting through the Chicago area at 101.

With the extreme temps Gordon experienced, OTR would be a must.

Gordon: When the temps were the highest, did you look outside and see a big guy that looked like Winchester holding a pitchfork?
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Tom, I have never experienced CA shut down before. We have been in 107 before with no problem, but all 3 were working. With only 2 CA's working and ambient temps over 110, we started a downward spiral. The OTR was a life saver in this case for sure.

Roger - all 6'6" of him, except he was orange instead of red.

Dan - you Mississippi boys are used to the delta heat and love it that way.

This thread started about how terrible Prevost Nashville was for not having R-12available. Jon has for years has told us how bad it is to have Prevost work on our buses. If the seals and R-12 are so easy to fix why did not Jon do the work for Colorado Bus in Knoxville. Since we have been part of POG, Jon has bashed all Country Couch buses as inferior and any bus with slides or without OTR as not desirable. Now Jon talks about about how good new technology and slides are. I have not owned a bus with Cruise Airs but Cruise Airs seem to be the inferior product rather than OTR being superior.