Thread: Water Flow Problem

Smile Water Flow Problem

I have a 2001 Prevost H345. This is a new problem because the water has always worked great until now. The water flows fine out of the faucets when the water hose is hooked up to running water. However, when the water hose is disconnected, the water quits flowing. This includes all water flow areas, i.e. sinks, shower, toilet. The water pump works, the water pump buttons are on, yet the water will not come out of the faucets. The water tank is full, yet no flow, unless the hose is hooked up to running water. Any thoughts for troubleshooting this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and and have a wonderful day!

Welcome to the asylum. To get the most out of your $25 dues (I hope you can take a joke) post in your signature line the information relating to your bus, the converter, your toad and your ATM PIN number.

We can do a better job with specifics if we know the converter since that helps us who may know your system.

Without knowing your conversion I have more questions than suggestions for what might be wrong, but here is a start. Keep in mind I don't know your coach so I am shooting from the lip. If I had municipal water, but no water delivery from my water storage tank the first thing I would do is verify the pump is actually pumping water and delivering pressure. It may be running in the sense the motor is spinning, but the pump itself may have failed. Before assuming that however I would follow the piping to the extent possible and look for a shut off valve that may be closed to block water flow from the pump.

I would check the converter's manual if it is available to determine if your conversion has a selector valve or switch so you can either run from municipal water or the pump, and you have to activate a switch or turn a valve to shift from one to the other.

Being one possessed with a mind capable of only simple concepts when searching for a valve that might be shutting off the flow I would follow the water lines from the pump to the closest device such as a outside water faucet so I can see the entire path from the pump to the device. If there are no valves in between and the pump motor is running then my focus would be on a failed pump. There are things that are going to affect flow such as filters, regulators, check valves that have failed, etc. but generally they limit flow but do not shut it off.

If your pump runs continuously and never shuts off it tells me the pump is not pressurizing the system, but if it runs and then shuts off it tells me the pressure switch sees system pressure and there is a valve or blockage in the system between the pump and where the municipal water supply tees into the water system.

When you add your coach information in your signature line (go to your profile) you may actually get correct answers instead of guesses.

I would check the filters just ahead of the coaches water pump(s).

Jon,

Thank you for the quick response. I updated the profile. Hope it works. I have much to learn and probably need a good place in St. Louis, MO to assist. Any suggestions? Also, is there an easy way to tell if the pump is actually working? Many thanks!

Welcome,

If your pump runs constantly with no water, then sounds like your water pump is air locked.
    If you have 12V pumps try to knock carefully few times around impeller ( Black end ), it should release the air bubble. If you have Headhunter what is the reading on the pressure gauge ?
    When did you use it last time ?

Alek
    Last edited by Alek&Lucia; 08-01-2011 at 09:35 PM.

I don't know of anyone in St.Louis unfortunately.

I hope Vantare owners can jump in and offer specific help. But generally speaking if Alek has hit upon the solution the way I insure I remove an air lock which is preventing the pump from working is to insure the water holding tank is full, make sure the shut off valve between the pump and the tank is open, make sure valves between the pump and house are open, and then I open a faucet.

By opening a faucet and having a full water tank, gravity will flow water through the pump and purge any air bubbles.

But you still have to just methodically follow the system and determine if the pump is cycling off or if it runs continuously. That is the best way to determine if it is pumping. If it is not pumping you have a new pump in your future if you are sure it is primed and free of air. While I would not ordinarily suggest this, a large RV dealer is likely to have someone capable of helping you determine the problem and fix it. Just keep them on a short leash.

You are not that far away from a great repair shop just west of Joplin. Chuck Bentley has saved my rear a number of times.

Wave

Motor Coach Service,
    Motor Coach Services LLC
    10251 SE Highway 166
    Galena, KS 66739-5262

(620) 856-3011

You have all been most helpful and I certainly appreciate the prompt and courteous advice. Great POG!

Bob,

Clearly you do not understand. We always provide answers. We do not always provide correct answers.