Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New or Newer Coach Questions

Jon, forget all these naysayers...

Just ask yourself what will bring you greater happiness.... a new, state-of-the-art bus.... or numbers on a bank statement.

Jon What Paul said. Numbers on a bank statment or a new coach? Which would be more enjoyable? nuf said Rick

Here's a thought: Would Prevost be willing to build an XL shell for you with no slides, 298 gallon fuel tank, etc. but with the multiplex, adaptive braking system and the rest of the new innovations?

That would make it an easy decision! Best of both worlds!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Hi Jon. I've replaced theSlide Seals 3 times since I bought the bus in 2006. twice in the bedroom, once in the living rm. Last one 2 years ago. Not enough time has passed to have a timeline on them. Prevost paid for all three replacements. I am the 3rd owner of this coach so I feel they have been good about standing behind their problems. Those issues I think have been resolved with a new Vendor. No isues with the stainless panels although I have heard fom Scott they are now glueing back only the edges, not replacing panels. No bearing issues yet.
    I have the older Zip Dee, had a new one installed when I lost the old one in the Nevada Desert 3 years ago. No problems.
    Aside from minor maintenance, a very reliable Coach.
    Marathon has their own slides which may have fewer issues. My year coach, 2002 chasis, was the first generation of slides.
    Liberty did have many XLII in the early 2000's with out slides or just one slide.
    All windows are dual glazed, except the front.
    Kevin is right about the windows, they are very large and lets the whole view in. I replaced one shade controller one year ago, about $275.00.
    The Creston controller is nice, but I use the hand held remotes for the tv's.
    Fuel mileage, 6.5 mpg at 65-70.
    Last edited by garyde; 07-26-2011 at 10:00 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Hi Jon, I've had my bus for 3.5 years and have put on about 93,000 miles on it. I average about 6.3-6.5 miles per gallon and I drive at 65-70 most of the time. I would dare to say that Judy and I have used this coach alot with that said we put the slides out alot. The only problem I've had was a relay switch for my rear slide. I had that fixed in Nashville,Tenn a year ago. I have had to have 1 panel repaired and that was covered by prevost. I have my bus serviced at Mira Loma Prevost every 7,500 miles and haven't done anything to the front end that you mentioned. I have replaced 2 motors in my zip dee awning just 3 weeks ago. I dont use them very much but just like to have everything in working order. I do like the look of the awnings. We were in South Dakota last night and a guy left his awning out just to find oit on the otherside this morning:-(( not a nice site!! I love this lifestyle even if it cost alittle more. Thanks for all your input on this site.

Jon's gonna buy a new one, Jon's gonna buy a new one!

My first post back from Europe. Even though I am a semi-newbie here, I didn't think it would be this one!

We pick our '04 up next week. Would love to show it to you sometime....probably October!

Bonz, Post a picture of that puppy, I want to see what to look for going down the road. Put a pic in your signature or avatar.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Jon's a long way from making a decision. I doubt if we are unique, but Di and I get a warm feeling when we go into our coach now. We still have a few things we would update, but we know it, we like it, we trust it, and it is a great coach.

But if we sell some land we own we would be in a position to go wild and crazy, and one of the things possible is to change coaches. We are thinking outside the box. We are a long way from a decision, but then we never ever, not in the 50 years we have been married have we not thought through our major decisions. And this is one we have a lot of research and thinking to do.

I'm trying to keep up with Winchester, the King and Truk and see if we can trade coaches as often as they do.

To keep up with those three, that must be one hell of a piece of land!

Wow!

..... Next I am going to read that Obama is proposing a 50% reduction inincome taxes to the highest earners...