First off, I am NOT an electrician, so please take my comments as meaningful only as to what my personal experience has been.

There are two things that must be made clear to your electrician, and whatever you install, it MUST be up to code, not only the national code, but your local standards as well.

First, although the ends of our power cords "look" like a typical household 240 v dryer or electric range connection THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. You are actually installing 2 - 50 amp, 120v lines.

Second, in a typical motorhome connection, the neutral and ground buss bars ARE NOT THE SAME and are not connected as they are in your typical home electrical panel. In most RV pedestals I've seen, they simply break the connection into 2 separate bars.

Just make sure your electrician understands that a 50 amp RV connection is not overly complicated but is kind of unique. Hopefully you will find one that has experience along these lines.

Good luck with your installation. It is not really a major undertaking, but there are a couple of differences that should be considered at the beginning of the job.

Hopefully another Pogger will chime in here with a more detailed description of the 50 amp wiring requirements....