Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RV Blinds Stop Working

Default RV Blinds Stop Working

I have a 2003 Country Coach with electric silhouette window blinds.. ( Not the Prevost Blinds ). Sometimes the blinds just stop working, and will resume working after several hours. The blinds stopped last night while I was lowering for the night, and in the middle of the night started working again ( Lowered themselves ). My wife is concerned that the coach is haunted, and I am pretty sure it is something else. Anyone have any suggestiong?

Nolan

It’s the belief of many in this group that Country Coaches are haunted.

John is saying that because it is true. Other Country Coach owners will try to tell you a scientific reason for the ghost powered shades, but we know the real reason.

Holly ghost busters...wait till Winchester reads this post.

He just might have an opinion to offer, ya think

Not Winchester. He would never tell you how he feels.

If you have the pronto remote try replacing the rechargeable batteries with off the shelf alkalines. if that doesn't work try aiming the remote at the other receiver eye. Hope this helps

Winchester had a sticker on his bus at the last rally "wish I had a country coach"
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    If you have the pronto remote try replacing the rechargeable batteries with off the shelf alkalines. if that doesn't work try aiming the remote at the other receiver eye. Hope this helps

Winchester had a sticker on his bus at the last rally "wish I had a country coach"
    But the question is WHO put it on his bus?

Nolan,
    I have had a similar problem, luckily only with the windshield shades which I could operate from their individual switches. I have yet to figure out what and why but when I do I'll be sure to post. From the replies already posted it is apparent help will be slow in coming from these characters. (Except of coarse from Roger who is always gracious in assisting fellow C.C. owners)
    Last edited by pwf252; 07-24-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

The blinds on a Vision coach operate flawlessly .....by simply pointing your finger at them....E.J. points, and I open or close them. Trouble free and work every time!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Nolan,

My blinds are the same type as Pete's, that being manually raised and lowered. But a suggestion is if you cannot sort out what is wrong, research the Internet with the model number, looking for a manual. Then sort out how to raise/lower the blinds manually. Their has to be a way to mechanically bypass the electric motors in the blinds in case of a power failure. When you get back to the Houston area, we can sort out the issue.

We are currently on the road.

Good Luck.

Hector