Thread: SMX Controls

Default SMX Controls

I'm having a similar issue with the SMX controllers and the set point vs when the compressor cycles.

I have the original (?) CruiseAir controls and they leave a lot to be desired. Is there a good replacement other than OEM? I have replaced one of the on/off controlers and think it might be just as well to replace everything. The A/C works well as far as cooling goes. Compressor control leaves a bit to be desired when I have to break out a Feather comforter in mid-July. Of course, being here in CO right now at 7300' don't hardly need A/C at night.

On the SMX the compressor differential can be adjusted by pressing OFF,then press SET then press together SLOW & FAN,he factory setting is 12 but the recommended value is 4 to 24.If you want to adjust the temperature calibration do the OFF-SET then together SET & UP and adjust to the temperature you want,this adjustment is not so easy because it is like you are adjusting resistance in the thermocouple and it takes time for it to respond.When you are finished press Off and fire it back up.

Hi Jack,
    Having no issues with the a/c operation what would be the advantage to check the factory settings. All seems to be working fine.

thanks,
    AL

I placed cotton between the remote sensor and the cover and it helped.

You can do a factory memory reset by pressing OFF&SET&FAN together then press set.This will not tell you what the factory numbers are but will reset the controller to them.