Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front light upgrade

Default Front light upgrade

Please give info if you have replaced your front lights, who did it and at what cost.

Had it done after the first of the year at Excalibur in Sanford FL. Called ahead so Doug could make the set, gave him my paint code getting a perfect match. Paint was then clear coated. Arrived at appointment and he was ready for me, no waiting. After install everything was checked and double checked. I remember all connections were shrink wrapped or liquid moister protected. Excalibur has also purchased the headlight aiming equipment that sets the lights for max effect. Outstanding customer service.
    Their web site has many before and after pics.

The update changed the front look so much that I removed the plastic shield. Night driving, very positive change. High beams...... you will be amazed

On our Marathon we already had the Hot Rod LED lighting on the rear, now the front is updated.

James Stallings at Extreme Graphics did my upgrade. What I like most is that both the low and high beams are Xenon high intensity discharge lights. I think most folks only have the low beams as HID. It makes a real difference. Here is a link to the upgrade: http://www.prevost-stuff.com/xtreme_..._LOC_Story.htm

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Doug also did mine last summer. Very worthwhile upgrade. The HID's are far brighter than the standard lights. On Doug's conversion, he makes all 4 lights come on when on high beam. Very impressive but don't get used much. The only comment between the two is that James' conversion has a hinged headlight assembly that you can swing out to get to while Doug's uses the original Prevost headlight housing and to access the bulbs you have to remove all 5 screws that hold the housing in place. (that is on my 99 XL with the old Ford single big headlamp)

I talked with Doug this AM and he is planning on attending POG 10 in Austin.

Larry and Sandy Dahlin
    2003 Liberty Elegant Lady XL-II

2009 Buick Enclave

Larry,

That looks like a new bus in your signature. Maybe it's old news. If not congratulations.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc,

Good observation!

We picked it up on May 1st in Stuart, and have been working our way back to California ever since. Very pleased so far.

I plan on having Doug do his conversion in Austin.

Hope to see you there.

Larry

Larry and Sandy Dahlin
    2003 Liberty Elegant Lady XL-II

2009 Buick Enclave

Larry, have Doug scheduled to do your light upgrade the day you arrive, at POG X.

Some of us had to wait till a day or two after the POG IX rally ( me, fast roger ) to get our lights replaced. But having said that, it was well worth the cost and the short delay to have them replaced. They make a big improvement in the look of the bus, and the night driveability... BIG IMPROVEMENT.

Next time you talk to Doug, ask him where my New Improved Relays are that he promised me ?

Gary S.

How much was that, Gary?

Replaced mine myself, $100 for a plug and play kit. Being my original headlights were sealed beam units, I replaced them with units with user replaceable 9005 X/S bulbs from 75 Chrome Shop, those were also $100ea (x4). High beam units are pictured, low beam are projector. I'm thinking about getting an addition HID kit for the high beams too. I'm assuming the newer coaches have the ability to replace the bulbs, you would just need to find the part number for yours and get a kit, easy plug and play. I got mine from Amazon, seller's website is TopGear, (just happens that my toad and coach use the same bulbs) and another place to check out is Blinding HID.
    Last edited by Yankee802; 08-02-2011 at 12:19 AM.