Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Koni shocks

Default Koni shocks

FOR SALE....2 Brand NEW in the box never installed Koni adjustable Red shocks.

Koni # 90-2573 ( mfg date on box late 2010)

FITS; HS, XL w/ rigid front axle. XL II with IFS (independent front suspension)

Priced at $197.00 each on Koni site ($394.00)

Both.....$315.00 includes shipping

We will be attending the rally in Petoskey, MI. Can carry with me if that works better.
    price $295.00 for both.

No response to the very pretty red shocks for sale.

So if anyone has some interest make me a offer, pay the shipping and there yours. BTW...90-2573 fits nearly everything except XL-II front with IFS. (lower mount is shaft not bango).

Probably PM (private mail) preferred

Thanks

I know this has been discussed before, but I did the Konis all around this winter. I could not be happier with the ride and handling.
    John & Janene Browder
    Knoxville, TN
    2008 Marathon H3-3S

I'm curious if any of you seasoned multiple bus owners can answer this question for me. Koni front shocks are adjustable I put a lot of them on. My customers look to me for where I should set them and I don't have enough miles behind the wheel on a Prevo to make an educated suggestion. The standard response and installation leads to setting them in the middle halfway between lost and found.

Where do you set your Koni and is there any difference when you do it? Completely soft? completely firm? What's the verdict inquiring minds want to know.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Middle of the road hear. I suppose it might be good to hear from someone that drove a good distance at the firmest on softest settings to hear how much difference they felt.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

No need to worry boy's, the new Koni's are not adjustable.

A few years ago when it seemed like Koni's were all the rage everyone I know did middle. My opinion is guys changed from a bad shock to a new Koni and word got out how wonderful they were. I changed a OEM Monroe at 60 k miles to a Koni and couldn't tell the difference on my old bus.

Later
    bv

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker

I need some ANTI-LEAN aka CORNERING shocks all around. I am gonna look into adding rear sway-bar once can get under bus and see what is/isn't there.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Hey Bernie I just put a set of shocks on a 07 Marathon the shocks came from Prevo and they are adjustable I know that they also have non-adjustable ones but they are still selling the ones that can be adjusted maybe we swerved into another issue here clarification is in order.

This is just a guess I'm just thinking out loud here but the last time they ship me a set of non adjustable front koni was for a 2012 chassis. Quite possibly after a certain year you can no longer put the adjustable front konis on these chassis I don't know but I just got a set a brand new koni for the front and they were the old style adjustable for this 07.

Thank you for that Insight on the comparison Mister bus driver I figured that might be the case. I think any time I'm asked where they need to be I'm going to start putting them all firm no more middle of the road.

Next time I have Prevost on the phone I'm going to see what the skinny is all about with the two different styles of koni for the front
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 02-23-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

After speaking with Koni, I followed their suggestion and installed their Gold shock rather than the Red. My purpose was to also to stop the cornering leans and have been very happy. Probably have about 15,000 miles on the Gold. They were very good about discussing my goal and even checked back after the sale.

Just to add to your post for the rest of us, the gold r the newer non adjustable ones Bernie was eluding to.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens