Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Koni shocks

Look at this.

20200320_135729.jpg

20200320_135712.jpg

Who does this. I'll tell you. Frickin idiots. How many of you guys reading this would rip a shock down that tight? come on. This was done for a new owner at the dealership where he bought it.

Let me splain what's happening. The original shocks prevo uses have eyelets on them that except two halves of a rubber bush. The post that the shocks go on have a collar and with these original shocks you run the nut and the outer washer all the way down till it bottoms out on the shoulder of the stud and the squish, it's perfect. If you put any other shock on that post other than those flat black original Factory shocks for replacement. If you put the Monroe gas Matic if you put the koni you can't run the nut all the way down to the collar. U end up like the photo. The nut is a lock nut and you only run it up until the rubber squeezes out to no greater than the circumference of the eyelet at top of the shock and you stop.

So yingyang simply rips it down cause that's how the old ones were Unconscious to anything that's going on around him. See this all the time.

And while I'm on the subject of installing something as simple as a shock or at least it should be When you're putting koni on the front the top eyelet on a koni for the FRONT ONLY it has an inner collar and the koni front only shocks those are designed for that nut to run up and bottom out on that collar on the top eyelet on those shocks.

What a way to start out with a set of shocks u just gave 1200 lewbucks for.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 03-21-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines