Thread: Rogue River slides

Hybrid View

Default Rogue River slides

Has anyone seen this bus?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I spoke to the owner today and he informed me that it has a Rogue River slide. He said that Marathon installed this slide at their factory in Eugene, OR. He has owned the bus for about a year and a half.

Does anyone have a Rogue River slide?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Pictures and description is probably the best I 've ever seen. Some-one really put some time into that.

Bus is a head turner.

Guess I need to clean my roof.

Quote Originally Posted by BoaterAl View Post
    Pictures and description is probably the best I 've ever seen. Some-one really put some time into that.

Bus is a head turner.

Guess I need to clean my roof.
    That's the most comprehensive eBay listing I've ever seen and the bus is beautiful!

Tuga, that was a very small outfit from up in WI. saw there work at the Pery FMCA back in 03-04 timeframe. There claim to fame was they would build a twin slide XL2 for about 650.000 when the big boys had already gone over a million plus. There workmanship was increadable the coach they had in Ga was a birds eye maple laminate with flowing lines like the origanal Millienum style with a lot of European plumbing and cooking stuff way ahead of there time. Used to see a section in the FMCA mag. classifieds for there stuff. My only guess is they went by the wayside like so many others.
    2005 Parliament XL-II SS
    2007 Avalanche

I first saw that bus on eBay about a month ago, it's a beautiful bus. If someone would hurry up and buy this house I'm in I'd be on my way to Everett, Washington rather quickly to get a first hand look-see at that coach.
    Ron Altman
    2005 Prevost Marathon H3-45 #892

I guess it has OTR since I didnt see any A/C of the roof. The slide does not have the locking pins which maintains the integrity of the truss structure of the bus. I would ask about that.
    Aside from that, its a real nice bus and it should go quick.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary,

It has CruiseAirs instead of roof ACs. I noticed in one of the photos that there are 2 channels on the bottom of the slideroom. This would indicate an electric slide from what I have seen of similar Newells in that vintage. The absence of locking pins is a minus; but like you said it is a really beautiful bus.

Bill,

Thanks for your post. I agree the inside is really unique and is a 10! I really love the bus overall; the only negative is that it doesn't have a flat floor slide. I don't like the 2 chairs sitting 4" above the granite/bamboo floor; it looks like they could fall off at any minute. The owner told me that Marathon converted it; Rogue River manufactured the slideroom. So I guess that means that Marathon cut a hole in the bus, braced it, and purchased a Rogue River slideroom. He said the slide works very smoothly extending and retracting.

It is priced out of my range, but it sure will be a head turner for somebody; especially with that John Starr paint design.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by RonAltman View Post
    I first saw that bus on eBay about a month ago, it's a beautiful bus. If someone would hurry up and buy this house I'm in I'd be on my way to Everett, Washington rather quickly to get a first hand look-see at that coach.
    Ron,

Hope your house sells soon so you can go up there and get it.

I would love to see the coach in person. Love the colors.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

The 14L S60 puzzles me, and they also mention DDEC VI, which leads me to believe that both are typos. I believe this model year should have the 12.7L DDEC IV S60. No OTR, but cruise-airs and chassis air. The chassis air looks like a York style compressor mounted by the fan drive. Very pretty bus, but overpriced.
    Last edited by travelite; 07-10-2011 at 12:02 AM.