Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rogue River slides

Default Rogue River slides

Has anyone seen this bus?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I spoke to the owner today and he informed me that it has a Rogue River slide. He said that Marathon installed this slide at their factory in Eugene, OR. He has owned the bus for about a year and a half.

Does anyone have a Rogue River slide?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Pictures and description is probably the best I 've ever seen. Some-one really put some time into that.

Bus is a head turner.

Guess I need to clean my roof.

Quote Originally Posted by BoaterAl View Post
    Pictures and description is probably the best I 've ever seen. Some-one really put some time into that.

Bus is a head turner.

Guess I need to clean my roof.
    That's the most comprehensive eBay listing I've ever seen and the bus is beautiful!

Tuga, that was a very small outfit from up in WI. saw there work at the Pery FMCA back in 03-04 timeframe. There claim to fame was they would build a twin slide XL2 for about 650.000 when the big boys had already gone over a million plus. There workmanship was increadable the coach they had in Ga was a birds eye maple laminate with flowing lines like the origanal Millienum style with a lot of European plumbing and cooking stuff way ahead of there time. Used to see a section in the FMCA mag. classifieds for there stuff. My only guess is they went by the wayside like so many others.
    2005 Parliament XL-II SS
    2007 Avalanche

I first saw that bus on eBay about a month ago, it's a beautiful bus. If someone would hurry up and buy this house I'm in I'd be on my way to Everett, Washington rather quickly to get a first hand look-see at that coach.
    Ron Altman
    2005 Prevost Marathon H3-45 #892

I guess it has OTR since I didnt see any A/C of the roof. The slide does not have the locking pins which maintains the integrity of the truss structure of the bus. I would ask about that.
    Aside from that, its a real nice bus and it should go quick.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary,

It has CruiseAirs instead of roof ACs. I noticed in one of the photos that there are 2 channels on the bottom of the slideroom. This would indicate an electric slide from what I have seen of similar Newells in that vintage. The absence of locking pins is a minus; but like you said it is a really beautiful bus.

Bill,

Thanks for your post. I agree the inside is really unique and is a 10! I really love the bus overall; the only negative is that it doesn't have a flat floor slide. I don't like the 2 chairs sitting 4" above the granite/bamboo floor; it looks like they could fall off at any minute. The owner told me that Marathon converted it; Rogue River manufactured the slideroom. So I guess that means that Marathon cut a hole in the bus, braced it, and purchased a Rogue River slideroom. He said the slide works very smoothly extending and retracting.

It is priced out of my range, but it sure will be a head turner for somebody; especially with that John Starr paint design.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by RonAltman View Post
    I first saw that bus on eBay about a month ago, it's a beautiful bus. If someone would hurry up and buy this house I'm in I'd be on my way to Everett, Washington rather quickly to get a first hand look-see at that coach.
    Ron,

Hope your house sells soon so you can go up there and get it.

I would love to see the coach in person. Love the colors.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

The 14L S60 puzzles me, and they also mention DDEC VI, which leads me to believe that both are typos. I believe this model year should have the 12.7L DDEC IV S60. No OTR, but cruise-airs and chassis air. The chassis air looks like a York style compressor mounted by the fan drive. Very pretty bus, but overpriced.
    Last edited by travelite; 07-10-2011 at 12:02 AM.

We had a boat years ago with a similar situation due to a minor step up with a floor. During a interior remodel the chair in place was a concern as it was just not a smooth get off and you found yourself sliding off to find the floor with your feet. I see the same concern on the bus, awkward height. Solution, we had the chair butt height shortened. This is really not an expensive undertaking to make the additional slide height now user friendly. It appears the same could be done with this slide/chairs.
    Just a idea if this was a deal breaker with considering the purchase.