Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking at an H3

Default Looking at an H3

Looking at an 2008 H3 Millennium that Millennium have on thier site. Here's my queston has anyone here on the site gone from an XL2 to an H3 ? Like to know the major differances to expect. Also did this coach belong to a pog owner or if anybody knows anything about this coach? Thanks

Sid, I was at Millennium in late April and looked at a 2008 that was for sale, Best I remember it was earth tones outside and the inside was pristine. The salesman said that the owner bought a new one or was having one built? I have not been on Millennium's site but will look to see if it is the same one we looked at. Best Gary

Sid,

We went from a 2002 Marathon XLII single slide, to a 2000 Marathon H3-45 with no slides. First, one of the biggest things we noticed was the large 5ft long by 42 inch tall side windows. they are wonderful. 2nd, you will give up the use of the passnger chair as more seating for salon, but we didn't care. The bays are much taller. Out of the the 3 45 footer we owned, the 45 XL, 45 XLII and the H3-45, the H was the softest riding, and it weighed about the same with no slides as the single slide XLII.
    The front of the H3-45 has more of rake to it, and for the sides, they taper up more narrow at the roof line than an XLII, we thought the H3-45 cut thru the air much easier with less turbulence and better fuel mileage than the others.>
    Our H having the Series 60 III was getting the greatest mileage altho, it much improved when the ODO hit close 100,000 miles.
    The motor really loosened up. Heck Steve Bennett said he was getting 8.2 towing his Lexus car from the shop to Las vegas.
    When it become time to change coaches, we will seriously consider another H. But for now, that H couldn't have rooftop A/C's or awnings because our barn roof is too low. So, realsitically the next coach maybe a XLII, but after we retire, the H is our favorite.
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 07-09-2011 at 12:30 AM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Sid,
    I think that bus looks like the one parked next to me in Sturgis last year. Owned by east coast car dealer ? Clean, clean and well taken care. Owner liked the bus and I remember the all positive support Millennium had given him, thus placing a order for a new bus from Millennium.
    We stored our bus inside the Millennium warehouse last winter, using it twice in and out of Sanford FL. going to the Keys and Naples. The entire staff at Millennium over the top in customer service.

Apart from the height and the loss of living space Jim mentions due to the lowered position of the front seats, the biggest difference we noticed was the number of steps up into the coach and the 90 degree turn required to get to the living level.

Since Di and I split responsibilities she often is the one having to lug the laundry baskets full of food or clothes up into the coach. She considers going up the steps in our XL to be a real pain, and she has made it clear there is no way she would lug stuff up even more steps with a turn half way up. I agree. For us it doesn't matter because of the height I cannot get one into the garage.

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

Jill and I are both rather tall, and love the fact that once we go up the steps in the entryway we are done. In an H with a bedroom slide, there are no more steps to contend with on the aft side of the bed.

How would a person go about finding the previous owner of a coach without asking the people who are selling it? It's not trying to go around anybody or anything like that just would like to find out little things about the motorhome. I would be honored if who ever gets my coach would call me and ask questons. If there is nothing to hide I see no big deal do you all??

Sid,
    PM me.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Sid,

I would ask the seller to put me in touch with the previous owners. I cannot think of a good reason why a dealer or broker would resist that unless he was hiding something.

It might be a little unsettling if the previous owner lost it in a repo situation, but even that is important to know because if the previous owner couldn't afford payments, it is probable he couldn't afford maintenance.

Jim what does PM mean or how do you do that?
    559-901-6426