Thread: NY Taconic State Parkway access???

Default NY Taconic State Parkway access???

I am headed to Lime Rock in Lakeville, CT next weekend for the IMSA race weekend. Looks like fast way in is to take the Taconic State Parkway North off I-84. My road atlas does not show the Taconic as a truck route and my "2011 Exit Now" directory notes NO TRUCKS on the Taconic.

Are we considered a truck? I am as big and heavy as one, but non-commercial. Can I take this road? Anyone made the run up to Lakeville and have a route suggestion?

DON'T DO IT! The problem is the low bridge clearance. Great road for a Ferrari, it has the potential to make your H3 a convertible . I haven't been to LimeRock in a long time but I would head further east into Connecticut and check out RT 7. My recolection is that it is a slow road but the clearance is OK. But I don't trust my memory, I would call LimeRock I'm sure they have a suggested route.
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

Thanks for the feedback It looks like 84 all the way to Danbury and then North on Rt 8 is the way to do it.

Neither the Taconic nor Merritt Parkways are suitable for any large motorhome. Do not do it. I checked with the State Police: while they say it is permissable to use them (noncommercially), they do not get it - your size. I couldn't get through the entrance toll booths and traffic had to be backed up for me to go through the end booth, (raining on Thanksgiving eve, with a 33' Foretravel) despite what the state police barracks had said over the phone. As has been pointed out, the primary problem is the overpasses (stone bridges). Don't do it.