Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Direct TV - Are all providers this bad

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

I have had excellent service from DirecTV. I have had receivers sent to me while travelling twice. We have a cabin in Dillard, GA and it has a different dish from the one at our home in Ocean Springs, MS. In May when I took boxes from MS to GA, I could not get them to work. DirecTV sent a guy out and got everything working plus changed out one box, all at no expense to me because I pay $5 per month for their box and wiring warranty. So far, my experience with DirecTV has been excellent. They know I have to houses plus a coach all on one account.

Everyone please note!!! 1-800-769-4635 is the Direct Tv number you can call an avoid all prompts. This number was set up to really service customers that have Rec. in the RV and the home. Suprise, they even know what an RV is!!!
    I have never had a problem with Direct TV or there service. You have to have them ZAP your receiver if you haven't used it for awhile is the only problem.
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Thanks Dan, I put the new number in my cell phone.

Just for the fun of it I tried calling the number - the guy hung-up on me!

Just kidding!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Thanks to Dan, we have called them several times at the number and ALWAYS had the BEST of service!
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

800-333-3474 will do the same thing for DishNetwork, dedicated to RV's...used it twice and quickly resolved both times. That is a fact, at least for Dish, if you do not tune into Dish like once in 30 days, you have to call them and have them "Ping" it , wait for a couple minutes and the Satellite once again recognizes you.

When you call the Direct TV number,what country does it go to?

I don't have to call anymore after inactivity. Using my cell phone, which is the account phone number, I just dial in and enter the 3 digit number displayed, usually 771 and after a few minutes I'm good to go.

With any Company, its always going to be about the person you get on the other end of the phone. If you reach an impass, hang up and call again. Sometimes thats all it takes.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

If you've ever accessed your user account online, you can resend authorization to your directv receiver(s) online from your computer. Simply log into your account, select tools from the help option on the main screen, then scroll down to the 'reauthorize your receiver' option. It's simple and fast.

I got a brochure at Camping World regarding Dish's "Pay as you go TV" Just for RV's. It looks like a good deal. No contract. Pay by the month for usage and don't pay when you are not using it.

That's what I an going to do in April when my Directv contract is up. You do have to buy the receiver.

Will their HD work on a TracStar SV-360? Their HD for life option is a one-time $99 fee.

http://www.campingworld.com/dishnetwork/
    Ron & Suzie Hampton
    2001 Marathon H3-45
    Ford Edge towinf 4 down