Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tires

Well, Prevost came in at less than the estimate I got. The tire price was comparable to other prices I got. The 365's were $829.75 and the 315's were $784.75 each. They do charge more for labor for mounting and balancing, but I could not have driven anywhere else to get the job done and saved very much. It was convenient to get it done while I was there and they had fresh date codes too. So if you are in the market for tires and are going to get any other work done at a Prevost shop, you should check their prices.

I have had pretty good luck at the TN location. Easy to get an appointment, and the hook ups, dump and fresh water are a plus.

I just had all 8 replaced at CoachWorx for $815 each, Michelin 315 XZA2. They only had 4 locally and had to order the other 4, date codes for the first four were only a couple months older than the brand new ones.

While we were at it, also replaced all air bags and shocks, also new batteries, both house and chassis. Along with all that, needed a new 24v battery charger/inverter, a hot water heater, cruise air A/C compressor, re-coated/sealed the roof, fuel lines, and general service.

Now we have a brand new 27 year old coach!

Hmm, no signature? Wierd.
    Last edited by Yankee802; 07-20-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Hey Mark drove thru your town a couple of days ago wow what a rain storm!! First time up in this part of the USA ! It's beautiful except for the humidity :-((

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Tuls View Post
    Hey Mark drove thru your town a couple of days ago wow what a rain storm!! First time up in this part of the USA ! It's beautiful except for the humidity :-((
    Yeah...I thought it was hot down in TN last week, but I returned to find more of the same here. Where are you heading from here?

Steve, we probably are hijacking a bit. I have installed super singles on the drive 455/55's and 365/70's on steer. Still have 315's on the tag.

Joel, How much weight can those 455's handle, Did you put a spacer inside or is the tire set to the inside? Thanks Gary

Without checking my installation notes (which are in the coach) or the Michelin website; I'll say the tires are about 11,000# each @ 120psi max. My coach has a fully loaded drive axle weight of approx 20400 w/o a trailer and I initially used inflation of 120 but the centers wore. Reduced to 110 per Michelin website and they're doing better. I can tell you that the left held nicely last year when my left tag blew castastrophically @75 mph. At the time I converted, the wheels were available with no offset (ie mounting plane in center of rim), or offset 2" inside or outside. I installed 2" outside offset, the widest possible. The outside of the tire is now maybe 2" further in than when equipped with duals. The look is odd at first, but I got used to it (less unusual than the tag axle look) and Alcoa says the geometry actually gives you an effectively wider track because of the rims relationship to the hub surface. No spacers, that would worry me.
    Last edited by joelselman; 07-22-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark3101 View Post
    Yeah...I thought it was hot down in TN last week, but I returned to find more of the same here. Where are you heading from here?
    We were part of a cook team for a group of Native Americans in a town called Orr,MN. We will to that for 10 days and then back to see our kids in Texas and then back to Caif.

20180626_101224.jpg

20180607_153602.jpg

20180607_153648.jpg

All 3 pictures same tire. Best 15 yr old Michilan u will ever see.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Was that a spare? If not it must have been driven on carpeted roads to preserve the Michelin Man on the tread.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion