Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tires

I think Larry has it right. Once you have replaced the tires you have an additional benefit. You know the exact history of every tire you are riding on.

All the tire manufacturers are consistent in their recommendations. They recommend at 6 years from installation to have a dealer do a detailed inspection frequently, and under no circumstances to run longer than 10 years from the date code.

What is invisible to you as someone who was not the original owner is any damage that might have occurred from running any or all of the tires at a low pressure. All tire companies also agree that if a tire has been run at 20% less than the specified pressure it is junk and should be replaced. Are you absolutely sure that a tire on your coach that should have been inflated to 100 PSI has not been run at 80 PSI? When you replace your tires you will know the answer to that. The correct pressures are found on the tire manufacturer's web sites and are based on the weight imposed on the tires. When you install the new tires, weigh the coach and determine the pressure you require at each position.

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post
    Mark,

I follow this regiment for one simple reason: I am too young and beautiful to die!
    I hope that Louise was at the computer.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc,

Alright, so I'm not young!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

It's painful Mark, but change them out as others have recommended and you'll have piece of mind. I just did mine with the Michelin Green XZA2's and they will not get any cheaper next year. You should be able to get a credit for the take off's of around 75.00 each or try to pre-sell them to a local company that can use them on their trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    It's painful Mark, but change them out as others have recommended and you'll have piece of mind. I just did mine with the Michelin Green XZA2's and they will not get any cheaper next year. You should be able to get a credit for the take off's of around 75.00 each or try to pre-sell them to a local company that can use them on their trucks.
    I guess I will start getting prices. Approximately what is today's price? Does it make sense to get a price from Prevost, or are they always high on tires? I am going to be there in a couple of weeks getting some other things done under warranty.

Believe it or not, Prevost in Jacksonville was very competitive on tire pricing.

They were around $100/tire cheaper than our local truck tire dealer, and the Prevost inventory was brand-spanking-new by date code.

Unfortunately, I didn't discover that 'till AFTER I purchased my tires elsewhere....

I purchased mine from Prevost Mira Loma and they were cheeper than the dealer my boys buy all their tires from! That sure made me feel good!

Mark, I got cash ($75ea) ..the green stuff for the take offs 315. Each one was inspected and marked with previous location. All were sold to a rock hauler ($100 ea) before they were taken off the bus.
    Invested the funds in the fuel tank.
    AL

Mark, Sent you a PM

Larry and Sandy Dahlin
    2003 Liberty Elegant Lady XL-II

2009 Buick Enclave

Mark. we all had warnings on POG members spending OPM (other peoples money) so how did the group do ?

Will we hit the $6K bell ?