Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Motorhoming - How many years and in what?

So far we have completed 102,000 miles of coach travel in 5 different coaches. They are in order:

1999 35ft Airstream Cutter Diesel Dec.1999-Nov. 2000
    2000 40ft Country Coach Affinity Nov 2000-Oct.2001
    2001 45ft Country Coach Prevost 2 slide Nov.2001-Oct.2002
    2002 45ft Marathon XLII single slide Nov.2002-Oct.2004
    2000 45ft Marathon "H"3-45 No slide Oct 2004-Present

We also supplement coach travel with either a 1959,1967,1979, 1997 Airstream product. We have a 2006 Airstream Bambi 16ft we've had for a year and never used. ????? You kinda wonder?? I do!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I asked Debbie if she wanted to get married while camping in a 11 1/2 Ft.67 Wonderland slide-in. We had just met 40 days earlier, that was 92.
    The rear wall folded down and a roof folded out to make an 8Ft expand-a-room off the back that came with canvas/screen walls. The rocker panels and lower door jams of the Dodge P/U were so rotted and rusted that the door striker and post would not line up if sitting normally. We had to simultainously jump up off the seat and slam the door to get the door to hit the striker and close.
    Used to pull an enclosed Snowmobile Trailer to the U-P Mich. By the end of the week there would be 1 inch of frost 10 inches high on the bottom of the door, inside.
    Our last camper before the bus was a 26Ft Class C. This one we decided we wanted, went out and found it, bought it, loaded it, pointed it towards Key West and drove it off all on the same Saturday in January a few years back.
    We still play with some vintage stuff.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 11-18-2006 at 09:38 AM.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

YO Roadrunner, look what we found.
    My Bus 006.jpg
    73 Champiin 28Ft 30000 original miles.

Joe, Just seeing that Champion brings back a lot of memories, but it doesn't quite make me want to sell my coach and go back to the Champion. Dale
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Default Motorhoming

Started in a 2 person tent with bride who was very hesitant about the whole camping thing. First night camping on Memorial Day in Colorado high country the tent blew over and woke to 2 feet of snow. Poor timing.

Two years later upgraded to tent trailer--thought we were cutting a fat hog.

Followed with Class C Midas.
    Upgraded to Class C Coachman with 454 Ford engine that vapor locked at the drop of a hat.
    With the arrival of a daughter justified moving to Class A Georgie Boy.
    Daughter tired of being away from friends so we left RVing for several years.
    Back in with Holiday Ramble Septer. Coach was in service more days than we had it so traded for Monaco Dynasty. Found ourselves lusting for a Country Coach Affinity at FMCA so ordered what we thought would be a long term coach. CC service was the most dismal thing we had experienced. The last straw was having the slide pop out as we exited the interstate at Breckinridge, CO.
    Made the best move of our RV life in switching to a Marathon in February. Twenty thousand miles later finds us extremely happy campers pleased with drive, build, service and the entire bus experience.

"Two years later upgraded to tent trailer--thought we were cutting a fat hog."

Alan, no disrespect, but I'm thinking between you and JDUB we are going to start hearing some unique phrases and terms.

Default Thank you respondents

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread.

It is interesting to see how long some of us have been camping and also how many coaches were purchased during those many years.

I started out in 1992 looking at motorhomes; Holiday Rambler, Bluebird, and Newell were the brands that I tested. I bought a 1987 Newell 40' and kept it for 5 years. I loved the Newell and decided to buy a 1993 model. I kept it for 8 years and then decided that a slide out coach was in order. In November 2005 we purchased our current 2 slide Newell and love it.

The people that we have met in campgrounds and at rallies are the nicest and most friendly folks around. I guess the reason for this that most of them are enjoying the most comfortable mode of travel on the planet. As you know, we have access to bathroom, kitchen and a comfortable place to lay down for a nap. All while traveling down the road and seeing America.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Alan,
    Where have you been? Jump in here more often, us Marathon owners need all the support we can get when dealing with the Liberty bunch

Jon: Obviously you never have cut and ate a lean hog!

Truk4u: I have been lurking and observing the water before trying it out. It seems the Liberty group has more experience with maintenance. Is that by necessity or background?

Ok, now, now. I prefer to believe we are an inquisitve Bunch.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide