Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GPS

Mark, Per Jon's suggestion you should find a backup light terminal on the forward terminal panel beneath the driver's seat. On my '98 chassis it is terminal #39 "From Transmission Module" (check voltage). For simplicity and utility however you might consider attaching the backup wire to a simple toggle switch next to the monitor to activate the backup camera. You can use any convenient 12v source in the instrument panel to accomplish this.
    Last edited by BrianE; 09-16-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Your current back up camera should already receive a reverse signal, but if it does not and you cannot tap into it there then I do stick with my concern about tapping into the key pad wiring and instead look for the circuit Brina mantions. Prevost is very good about keeping circuit numbers the same so his information should apply to your coach.

Jon- See above if you can clarify. Thank you.

Further, the sound system is in and everything came out great except for having to velcro the old monitor on top of the dash for now. We ordered the right adapter from Inventec the maker of the monitor to adapt the connection to the Double Din head unit. Result, no picture. Called them up again to see "was up?" and they said that the black and white camera won't work with this color monitor ? Really ? Ok. Sound shop figures we need to put another matching adapter in the back with a new color camera for it to work. Confirmation form the brain trust that have done theirs similar already ? A lot of owners have upgraded their A/V to include using the monitor on the new units for dual purpose since they have two inputs so I can PM or email some of them if anyone knows specific members.

Mark, my only specific recommendation is to avoid tapping into the keypad wires. If you are pulling an existing back up monitor it should already have a reverse lead as part of the input because I think all installed back up monitors automatically turn on as soon as reverse is selected. We leave ours on all the time just to watch the toad, but if it were turned off as soon as reverse was selected it would come on.

As to color, I have a color monitor, but since the original system was B&W and I haven't changed the camera, wiring or adapters I just get a B&W image. You can guess that is not high on my list of stuff to get or change on the coach.

Our 2 cents. We have had 3 Prevost with color back cameras, and the current coach has B&W. For crispness and clarity, we notice a big difference, we prefer B&W.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Default Yes to Black and White

Double Dash Cam.JPG

I don't give two beans about having a color back up monitor either. I'm being told by Inventec (the original 97 monitor manufacture) that a black and white camera won't work without this color monitor and that sounds like bull. I ordered an adapter for the front connector to the new style of input that this head unit required. Tech at the sound shop was fairly sharp. He got back on the phone with Inventec tech support that told him we need a color monitor or it won't work. They're must a converter or adapter for this. Who else to call I wonder. Maybe just Inventec again and ask again (different tech support person). I've got things taken apart back there now changing out the dash A/C compressor so can't verify if monitor comes on automatic in reverse but I think your right about that one from memory.

So for now, I've got the old BW monitor on top of the dash until I solve it. (see photo)

These folks are excellent and they will definitely help you.

http://www.rvcams.com/Default.htm

Ahh yes. They should have the right converter. Thanks for the good referral.