Thread: LOW GAS PRICES!!

Default LOW GAS PRICES!!

Gas at 2 of our local outlets was $3.17 today! I told one of our more learned members of POG and he said he was going to pour out his $4 gas and run over here and get some cheap gas!
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Dan,

How much is diesel?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Still high! $3.79
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Knoxville Diesel at the interstate $3.85 typical, a local convenience store has diesel for $3.74

Everyone might as well hop in the coach and go for a ride because we are paying for diesel whether we use it or not. Trucking companies are just adding surcharges to each shipment so we pay the high price of fuel in everything we buy.

The general public hasn't a clue as to how the cost of fuel is affecting them other than what they see at the pump. The truckload fuel surcharge last week was running in the .60 per mile range and that means if the shipment is 1000 miles, 600.00 is added to the freight bill. The 2000.00 freight bill just became 2600.00 and guess who is paying for the fuel! A UPS shipment last week will add a 9% fuel surcharge to your invoice.

Even with the surcharges, it's not enough to adequately compensate the long haul trucking companies for increased fuel because it's based on a weekly national average and we all know the price of fuel in CA or the east coast isn't the same as GA. The shippers, manufacturers and distribution companies are always fighting the amount a carrier charges for fuel, because it affects their bottom line and they don't want to increase their cost of goods because it may make them non competitive.

OK, I'm done and was this suppose to be a funny thread?

Keep on going Tom! Everyone needs to know the truth and know that trucking companies need the surcharges !

I wish that we could convert to CNG (compressed natural gas). It is plentiful and clean burning and less costly than diesel.

So who could be against a deal like that?

There are a few stations already up and running who sell CNG. In Baton Rouge, there are 4 stations who sell it NOW!

Well, I guess it's like my friend always says, "Wish in one hand and pee in the other one - see which one fills up first!"
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot