Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canadian Toad Regulations

Yes Sir, in addition to some scrubbed up sidewalls of the tires - it has some nice hail damage from April 27 at no extra charge! Blue Ox baseplates are not included but can be purchased for additional $$$$.

When unhooking the tow upon arrival at home the pin that survived was bent so bad I had to use a hammer and punch to get it out.

I don't think vandalism played a part, as there was really no real opportunity, operator error?? don't think so, I believe the lynch pin failed to hold and the larger pin either fell out or was sheared apart.

That is where I start considering the suggestion someone else made about grade 8 bolts with lock nuts.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

We had a very simlar experience in Dallas at 2am... we left Stewart & Stevenson's (they work all hours of the night there) in the pouring down rain... visibility was horrible.. concrete construction baricades on both sides for about 5 miles of narrow winding road.. after I got onto the freeway and sped up a bit I noticed some idiot behind kept trying to pass me and then pulling back behind me.. my camera was foggy looking and unclear due to the rain and humidity so I couldn't figure it out.. I just kept complaining to my sleeping husband about the "idiot" behind me that would venture way out then go back ! After awhile of watching the idiot behind me and getting more and more annoyed I went under some really bright lights and the camera lit up and the idiot came back out where I could see him/her/it clearly in my mirrors and it was our suburban.
    I nearly fainted...very very slowly pulled over on the shoulder and for the first time was GLAD that it was just past 2am and no traffic to speak of !!
    We got out and checked the Blue Ox and sure enough one of the pins were gone and the bar was dragging .. it wore off a good 1/2 inch of steel.. the suburban had also been bumping the rear of the bus when trying to pass me!! Strangely enough it wasn't too bad... just looked rubbed more than anything.
    We now have the Blue OX locking pins too and a new rear view night vision camera.. I am so thankful that it didn't cause a horrible accident.. The missing pin must not have come out or broken until I got on the freeway or the suburban would have been beaten to death in that narrow winding lane... I do remember the lane was very rough and full of potholes and I was driving very slowly... we were lucky.
    Didn't bother Larry a bit.. he slept through most of it (until I screamed at him that we were being passed by our suburban) and after we got back on the road he slept for the next 180 miles... Must be nice !!
    I can tell you I was wired for the next few hours !!

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

I can relate to how you felt! Knotted up, very anxious, on edge of the seat etc.

Larry, on the other hand- I can only envy!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost