Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storage power management

That's just what I was going to say.

s'all greek to me!

I leave my coach plugged into 50 amp service in a fully enclosed unit. It is 70 X 22.5' which provides me with room for a small shop setup. Door height is 14'.

Unlike our wealthy members in TN, my unit is not climate controlled so I pay the electric bill to run a couple of the A/C's in the summer. I usually set them at 78-80 and spend maybe $80/month on electric in the peak months. Not too bad, and all the stuff Jon talks about stays a reasonable temp inside the coach. Biggest problem with this setup is a power failure. Knock wood, none in 2 years.

I would ask any of the places you check about installing 50amp service. Nice to have the full power option should you need it upon return from a trip, etc.

County electrical code requires gfi on all breakers. Is there anything that can be done to get my coach to not trip the gfi?
    replying to old thread but after doing much advanced searching did not find another discussion.
    John Dyer
    1996 Marathon 45 with IFS

Yes, the national code requires GFCI protection to outdoor outlets for 15/20A outlets. Some have made them work by only supplying the power to one leg of service in the coach.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion