Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Might have found one

FYI, we have a verbal agreement.

Hey Karl, great looking coach!! I looked it up online/my favorite pastime!! The great part of this deal is that it's a consignment. Liberty doesn't need to get what they paid out of it. You hold the wining hand on this deal thats forsure. One more thing why do you need to keep it out of Florida for 6 months? If it's that Montana B.S. watch out states are getting tough on that phoney stuff. Highway Patrol made a believer out of me!! You also give me a call if ya want 559-901-6426 Have fun with making your deal !!!! Then the fun begins------Driving that BUS

Thanks Sid!

I read on here before about how some people don't trust it, but we already have a several corporations, and the statutes are clear. I will be sure to comply with them in detail.

How do you know it is a consignment? I think we did pretty good on it. It is still a premium price, but I really think a premium coach. One thing I liked is that the model year is the same as the chassis year! It seems so simple, but the games of 2-3 years difference are scary. THANKS to whomever taught me how to look at the VIN!!!

The #5168 is close to my 2003 Coach in many ways. I see the louvered doors are on the back, I'm not sure if those were original to the coach. I usually see those on 2006 and newer coaches. http://www.libertycoach.com/collecti...5XLII_5168.asp
    Make sure to check all Batteries and tires for ageing. If they are on their 4th or 5th year, I would negotiate for all new before purchasing.

One other thing, since it is a consignment, Liberty may not have done its 110 point inspection like they would do on a coach the own and sale. So, i would ask them to throw that inspection into the purchase price. That way you'll know its been fullly inspected.
    Last edited by garyde; 06-06-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Karl,Liberty's used coaches that are trade in coaches against a new one are numbered the same as a new coach with an A after the number,ie if you bought coach 734 and traded your coach,your old coach on their lot would be 734A,the next trade would be 734B.If they purchase a coach it will be in the 7000 series of numbers.If it is a consignment it will be in the 5000 series of numbers.You are right it is IMPORTANT to understand the vin numbers.There is a 2003 chasis in south Florida for sale that is titled as a 2007,buyer beware!!!

They are supposed to do batteries and tires (fluids and belts too) AND make it "like new". That is a pretty good incentive in my book!

Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
    Karl,Liberty's used coaches that are trade in coaches against a new one are numbered the same as a new coach with an A after the number,ie if you bought coach 734 and traded your coach,your old coach on their lot would be 734A,the next trade would be 734B.If they purchase a coach it will be in the 7000 series of numbers.If it is a consignment it will be in the 5000 series of numbers.You are right it is IMPORTANT to understand the vin numbers.There is a 2003 chasis in south Florida for sale that is titled as a 2007,buyer beware!!!
    So, does that mean the coaches get new numbers if they trade multiple times?

Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
    Funny you mentinoed that - I saw that coach (Featherlite) last year at Liberty and it has been for sale for some time but I think it might have sold through rvonline.com. Why did that coach sit so long before it was sold? What's the backstory?

The actual coach number never changes,just that the coach gets a number for Liberty to track on their used/consignment lot.I just looked at that 2007 and it has been sold(did someone get hosed?)

I believe the chassis build date can vary from the title or registration date by 4 years. That is a guess.

A lot of buyers are not POG members and a lot of buyers are unaware of a lot of the nuances of coach buying. There can be some interesting moments when a buyer of a coach registered 4 years newer than the chassis has to provide the VIN when buying parts from Prevost and the parts guy describes it as 4 years older than what the owner thinks.