Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Might have found one

Default Might have found one

We took a tour of Florida this weekend. Looked at two dealers and two coaches for sale by owner. Several we could live with, and one we really liked.

That one I thought about posting on here, asking if you all knew anything specific about the coach other than what the salesman says (hint), but don't want to drum up competition for no reason. Is it worth asking?

Tomorrow they are supposed to hose me, I mean tell me what a broker says my current under-water plastic rig is worth. That should be interesting.

Good luck ... I hope you can make a deal you will be happy with.. we still have our plastic coach for sale !! One year later that is !!

Happy shopping... NOTHING like a Prevost !!

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

it won't hurt to ask here if anyone knows anything about the specifics of a certain coach. Maybe someone does and can save you some money or grief! Go ahead, ask away!

I would hope nobody would jump in ahead of you to buy a coach you are looking at just because you posted here on POG. I cannot believe the market has changed so drmatically that buyers are lining up to buy coaches.

In the past when folks have posted about a bus they were looking at POG members have provided a lot of very good advice and information. I remember one instance where an unrevealed accident history was brought to the buyer's attention.

OK, Jon, you've convinced me! And you will probably like our choice.

We looked at #5168 at Liberty. It is a 2004 XLII. I was pretty sure we would want newer, and an H, but the build quality on this is terrific and the floorplan works for us. So a kid has to sleep on the floor.......

I'll look forward to anything you all know.

As to our trade, Seabyrd is the reason I am going to have to take the beating to do this. That, and the guy with two Prevosts in his garage that we looked at. Have any of you heard what they are buying coaches for? Salesman says 65-70 of WHOLESALE, and Lazy Days recently told me 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbonz View Post
    OK, Jon, you've convinced me! And you will probably like our choice.

We looked at #5168 at Liberty. It is a 2004 XLII. I was pretty sure we would want newer, and an H, but the build quality on this is terrific and the floorplan works for us. So a kid has to sleep on the floor.......

I'll look forward to anything you all know.

As to our trade, Seabyrd is the reason I am going to have to take the beating to do this. That, and the guy with two Prevosts in his garage that we looked at. Have any of you heard what they are buying coaches for? Salesman says 65-70 of WHOLESALE, and Lazy Days recently told me 80%.
    #5168 is a great looking coach.

http://www.rvtraderonline.com/listin...-king-98668731
    I have no idea what wholesale is on a 2007 Monaco. $150k? Not like there is a NADA market guide. Maybe a Monaco forum can shed some light.

I cannot believe the market has changed so drmatically that buyers are lining up to buy coaches.

Jon,

Are you saying the market is becoming a sellers market? If so, that would be great for us owners as values will be creeping upwards due to the demand.

Honestly don't think you will have any problems with a POG'r poaching your deal. Well worth the additional info and data as a risk offset to the low probability of that happening....

Quote Originally Posted by gershwin View Post
    #5168 is a great looking coach.

http://www.rvtraderonline.com/listin...-king-98668731
    I have no idea what wholesale is on a 2007 Monaco. $150k? Not like there is a NADA market guide. Maybe a Monaco forum can shed some light.
    Actually, there is! http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    I cannot believe the market has changed so drmatically that buyers are lining up to buy coaches.

Jon,

Are you saying the market is becoming a sellers market? If so, that would be great for us owners as values will be creeping upwards due to the demand.
    Denny,

I was questioning the post that seemed to indicate if the coach in question was mentioned on the forum someone would race right to it and buy it. I don't think we are there yet.

Even if the market were to shift tomorrow I suspect rather than our coaches appreciating I suspect the depreciation we have all suffered will come to a halt for a while. I would like to see my coach appreciate as would anyone else but as long as new ones are made every day I seriously doubt their value will increase. Having said that I am aware of some real steals that have taken place because the previous owners were dumping their coaches or banks were selling a repossession. Those purchases were made below the already depressed market so those might represent cases where the seller can realize a gain.