Thread: Might have found one

Hybrid View

Thanks Sid!

I read on here before about how some people don't trust it, but we already have a several corporations, and the statutes are clear. I will be sure to comply with them in detail.

How do you know it is a consignment? I think we did pretty good on it. It is still a premium price, but I really think a premium coach. One thing I liked is that the model year is the same as the chassis year! It seems so simple, but the games of 2-3 years difference are scary. THANKS to whomever taught me how to look at the VIN!!!

Karl,Liberty's used coaches that are trade in coaches against a new one are numbered the same as a new coach with an A after the number,ie if you bought coach 734 and traded your coach,your old coach on their lot would be 734A,the next trade would be 734B.If they purchase a coach it will be in the 7000 series of numbers.If it is a consignment it will be in the 5000 series of numbers.You are right it is IMPORTANT to understand the vin numbers.There is a 2003 chasis in south Florida for sale that is titled as a 2007,buyer beware!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
    Karl,Liberty's used coaches that are trade in coaches against a new one are numbered the same as a new coach with an A after the number,ie if you bought coach 734 and traded your coach,your old coach on their lot would be 734A,the next trade would be 734B.If they purchase a coach it will be in the 7000 series of numbers.If it is a consignment it will be in the 5000 series of numbers.You are right it is IMPORTANT to understand the vin numbers.There is a 2003 chasis in south Florida for sale that is titled as a 2007,buyer beware!!!
    So, does that mean the coaches get new numbers if they trade multiple times?

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbonz View Post
    So, does that mean the coaches get new numbers if they trade multiple times?
    You have a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
    Funny you mentinoed that - I saw that coach (Featherlite) last year at Liberty and it has been for sale for some time but I think it might have sold through rvonline.com. Why did that coach sit so long before it was sold? What's the backstory?

The actual coach number never changes,just that the coach gets a number for Liberty to track on their used/consignment lot.I just looked at that 2007 and it has been sold(did someone get hosed?)

I believe the chassis build date can vary from the title or registration date by 4 years. That is a guess.

A lot of buyers are not POG members and a lot of buyers are unaware of a lot of the nuances of coach buying. There can be some interesting moments when a buyer of a coach registered 4 years newer than the chassis has to provide the VIN when buying parts from Prevost and the parts guy describes it as 4 years older than what the owner thinks.