Thread: Legendary coach update

Thumbs up Legendary coach update

We took our coach out to Coburg, OR this past week for a short vacation, and to meet up with Dave from Styleworks RV Repair to get a few things done. Everything went great with Dave and after we were done with him, we met up with Greg Amero, one of the original programmers for the electronics in the bus. I had conversed with Greg previously about a problem we had with the temp controller going into an error at times, and also not being able to hold a set temp sometimes as well.

Turns out that we were several versions of firmware behind for the actual temp control box. After he did the update we noticed an immediate improvement in how the heat and A/C works in the bus. The heat and a/c now work as we think they should. Greg explained some of what was changed, and how they would impact operation.

If you have one of the Legendary conversions, and you have issues with heating and cooling, you may want to contact Greg to see if he can do anything for you.

Mark,
    My Legendary has been having a problem with the Passenger side air going into error, shutting down for a while and then starting up again. I am heading down to Liberty in Florida to have it looked at in two weeks. Did Greg say it was with the crestron system or the HVAC unit.

The problem is the Froggen (sp.?) box that is the actual temp contoller that interfaces with the Crestron equipment. He did the firmware update and it has not gone into error since, and it used to do that all the time. I would get anywhere from 1 to all 4 zones saying "ERR". The temps now stay where they should. The fans run more, which is more like a furnace at home that will run after a heat or cool cycle to distribute stored up heat etc. They also get the air moving across the sensors to give a more accurate reading before turning the compressor on. The update is worth it in my opinion.

Give Greg a call. Maybe he can setup something to remote load it for you.

Thanks for the info. I'll point the Liberty guys in that direction and give Greg a Call.

No problem...us Legendary guys have to stick together...<g>. Quick question..why are you going to Liberty? Nobody closer to you to get work done?

The Crestron people near me never saw it in a coach before. Two years ago I flew Tim Brown from Oregon (Greg Amero Tech) to Pennsylvania, paid all his expenses for three days for a reprogram and that was half the price of my local Crestron guy. So I spoke with Frank from Liberty at the Prouds rally in Kentucky and he thinks they can check things out easily as I have the program from Greg. Besides I'm retired and every day is Saturday for me.

Ok..not a bad deal then. BTW I sent you a PM with some more info if you haven't seen it yet.

Thanks, got it now.