Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: House Battery Balance Light

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Carmichael View Post
    Damn! you guys are good! So much knowledge Michael, we are blessed to have people with this info on POG but that's what it's all about.
    Gary,

What you see as knowledge is not much more than a recollection of all the stuff that broke on our buses and the ability to relate that to somone else having the same problems. I wish we never had stuff break.

In 3 years I have had to replace the Vanner part 2 times to turn off balance light. Part must be made in bangladesh!
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Michael,

Did you stick a pin in my voo doo doll? My balance light is now on and my monitor has gone south. Maybe we can get a price break by buying two.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Michael,

Did you stick a pin in my voo doo doll? My balance light is now on and my monitor has gone south. Maybe we can get a price break by buying two.
    Tom - sorry if I jinxed you! I'm game to try for a volume discount if you can find a cooperative source! I'm going to need some instruction/guidance on specific steps to confirm the diagnosis of what's causing my balance light to stay on. I'm ( read Vita - hands) still trying to learn the fine points of troubleshooting electrical issues (like how to use an ohm meter, etc).

The best way to troubleshoot this problem is to buy the new Vanner part and if that does not correct the problem you can safely assume it is something else. That way you do not have to go thru all the agony of learning how to use an ohm meter and other tools. My bus has some pliers, screwdrivers and a hatchet, and if I can't fix it with those I am out of luck!
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Quote Originally Posted by Danss View Post
    The best way to troubleshoot this problem is to buy the new Vanner part and if that does not correct the problem you can safely assume it is something else. That way you do not have to go thru all the agony of learning how to use an ohm meter and other tools. My bus has some pliers, screwdrivers and a hatchet, and if I can't fix it with those I am out of luck!
    The hatchet works especially well on those pesky computer circuit boards!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

That's easy for Dan to say because his problem was solved by replacing the monitor. He used more than a hatchet to replace it BTW.

Michael,

The Monitor can be had at Turbo Diesel in Atlanta, 800-241-4389, ask for Chip and the cost is 106.09. This is assuming it's the Monitor and not the Equalizer. If your stuck and can't get a meter on the Equalizer to verity it's good or bad, I'll be back home Friday and I should be able to get to Woodstock over the weekend.

Michael,

If the coach flipper doesn't get to you fast enough send me an email and I will write up a how-to-do that even JDUB could follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Michael,

If the coach flipper doesn't get to you fast enough send me an email and I will write up a how-to-do that even JDUB could follow.
    Now that was way harsh.....