A couple of thoughts. Our prior two coaches had Cruisair units and aside from the drawbacks Jon mentioned, it was often difficult to find people to work on them until you know where to look. While I liked them for the "white noise" they provided, the air outlets were drafty. In the bedroom, my wife would sleep on the side close to the back wall where the air came out. It would ricochet off the front wall, so she's sweating like a fat chick going thru the time of life with the AC turned down to 68 and I'm freezing my nuts off covered in a blanket. And no, she would not change sides with me.

The roof airs are ducted such that the coach is cool with few cold spots. But you can hear the compressor running when it kicks on. Again, mostly a white noise thing for me, but during football season when I spend more time sitting beside the coach, I don't have the Cruisairs exhausting hot air out the side of the bus on me nor do I have to listen to them run since they were all behind the front bumper. I also didn't have three baffles in front of the front axle to drag off, so there are trade offs.

However, I could have bought 6 or 7 new roof air units for what it cost me to repair the Cruisairs in my '92 over the three years I owned it.