Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stewart & Stevenson Houston, TX.

To Jerry Winchester:
    I talked to Jason Cantrell (the General Manager of Stewart & Stevenson in Houston) and passed along the good thoughts. I do not know how this works but know it is not in my territory yet he stated he would like to consider perhaps making a presentation on the DD engines and Allison Transmissions at POG in Austin if there could be a mutual fit. As I said, I do not know the politics of this and vendor relations which must be honored but his email is j.cantrell@ssss.com . Let me know if I can help in any way.
    Pres

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Dale, Kevin and Alfred at S&S Houston are great. They did a fair amount of work on my 8V92 over the years. When we blew the engine in New Mexico it went to S&S in Albuquerque. Kevin in Houston gave the service manager a call before and during the repairs. He even called about the final bill and had them discount the rebuild by 20%. While I haven't had to use them for the last 3 years (since the Series 60) the guys in Houston are outstanding.
    They found my mystery VSS wiring issue that Prevost and Marathon had no answer for.....Plus, I got the friend of Loc platinum customer treatment. Very satisfied with their work.

Not meaning to cause thread creep here, but after spending the last 36 hours at Prevost Ft. Worth thought I would pass along their thoughts about Stewart Stephenson Dallas. I was told if they really wanted something fixed they sent it to Inland Truck in Irving off of Grauwyler. I have a transmission retarder issue that they will get to look at it in the near future. If I can think of a reason to get near Houston I may go to Stewart and Stephenson.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4