Thread: Sturgis Rally 2011

Default Sturgis Rally 2011

Will there be POG members headed to Sturgis SD. this year ? Rally dates are Aug. 8th -14th.

Made final reservations today for 7/31 to 8/14 at Spearfish Canyon Campground, where we have stayed for years in our reserved year to year site. Previous years were spent in tents or our recently sold plastic coach. Last year someone in a plastic coach started his engine early in the morning and nearly blew us out of the tent. This year I hope he is in a tent. (Only kidding that’s not my style) Our neighbors never know what we may show up with; I guess the Prevost with matching stacker will be a little upscale surprise from last year’s 2 man pup tent. From Sturgis it will be onward to Montana for a while then its Idaho, from there who knows. We are playing with the idea of staying out and attending the POG national rally in Texas. The POG rally’s sound like they can be very informative and fun. I have one question for next year 2012 would a 2 man pup tent be acceptable at the POG rally? Realize a 2 man pup tent or better yet 2 sleeping bags in the middle of all of those coaches would be a conversation topic for years.
    I have a comment for Jon, he has been (unknowing to him) very helpful to me thru the last year on his comments thru POG, and I would like to return the favors by showing him how to set up a pup tent. It would be amazing how fast it can be done in the rain with his help (G).

Don........bite me. My idea of roughing it does not involve waterproof fabrics, but does refer instead to having to get my own coffee.

Jon
    At the very least I owe you a free coffee for the help you have unknowingly given me.
    Thanks Much Don

My wife once said her idea of roughing it was ...black and white TV

Quote Originally Posted by BoaterAl View Post
    That's not roughing it, that's torture!

Although we're not doing the rally this year, we have to be in Deadwood for business on the 4th, 5th & 6th. Lots of great entertainment in the hills this year.

We'll be back for Kool Deadwood Nights, with some cars, later in the month. Staying @ Elkhorn Ridge again.

Also, if anybody's looking for a really clean one owner Kingsley Coach (Volvo Chassis - 36', 3 slides - 500 cummins), we'll have that at Kool Deadwood Nights too.
    Last edited by AmeriStar; 07-23-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Addition.

My idea of roughing it is running 3 acs instead of 4 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoaterAl View Post

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD