Quote Originally Posted by travelite View Post
From my experience, things like: size of battery bank, size of inverter, size of tanks, cabinet and drawer space, lack of finished basement space, wall separation between driver and house, small shower sometimes combined with commode, tiny bathroom, sometimes two toilets, small kitchens with no counter space and no food storage area, small refrigerators, typically no slide although that's changing. If a slide is present it's a bunch shorter in the entertainer shell than in the motorhome shell. You can be sure that most of the other electronic features we're used to are missing: Crestron, Power Management, Load centers with fancy resettable fuses and circuit breakers, etc. Entertainers don't really live in entertainer coaches. I've been told that doing number 2 in the toilet is generally forbidden. Generators are relied upon 100%. Usually just one small inverter, and a battery bank of just a few hundred Ampere-hours. Lots of sleeping space, but little in the way of cabinets or drawers for clothing and personal stuff. Entertainers and their helpers live out of suitcases stored in the basement. The basements look like OTR touring bus basements, nothing finished, no built-in storage, no entertainment centers, or refrigerators, etc. IMPO, there's a lot of work needed to turn an entertainer into a motorhome. To me, it just isn't feasible.
Thank you David - very helpful and comprehensive.