Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Member Needs Advice

Dale,
    Just one question.

Did you get your $100 worth today?

If so, imagine what the next 364 days will bring.

Mango Mike

Dale,

We have owned our coach for more than a year and still don't know what all the buttons do, so don't fret.

However, as one of our POG buddies will attest to, if you have a button over the crapper, don't assume it turns on the lights

Speaking of AP, I wonder if he took Popeye to the vet and has fallen in a garhole?

Mike,

I got my $100 worth today. If the information wasn't worth it, the entertainment was. I look forward to much more info and entertainment.

I see my fuel gage isn't working properly. It just barely moves when I have a full tank. I assume it is probably the sending unit, and I assume the sending unit is located on top of the fuel tank. Does anyone actually know how much of a job it is to change the sending unit on my fuel tank? I intend to check the gage and make sure it is working, but I suspect the sending unit is the culprit. Dale
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale,
    I'm not sure. Someone will know. But when you do change it, take a few pixs and give the rest of us a little education. We love the HOW TO's:

Mike

I was told by my repair shop on my previous Coach, you have to have a full tank of diesel fuel before they can recalibrate the guage. Now, how to recalibrate, I do not know.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Save $, join POG

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner
    Mike,

I got my $100 worth today. If the information wasn't worth it, the entertainment was. I look forward to much more info and entertainment.

I see my fuel gage isn't working properly. It just barely moves when I have a full tank. I assume it is probably the sending unit, and I assume the sending unit is located on top of the fuel tank. Does anyone actually know how much of a job it is to change the sending unit on my fuel tank? I intend to check the gage and make sure it is working, but I suspect the sending unit is the culprit. Dale

It sounds like the insurance quote got you your 1st big savings!
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Dale,

Congratulations on joining POG and purchasing your Prevost!! Please send pics so we can all share in your excitement. Bob spends weeks reading all the manuals that come with each coach. Both of the leather sofas in our coach turn into beds and we store the mechanical manuals in the drawyers underneath. The other pertinent guides we keep in a large plastic file in one of the closets. It is catagorized by various divisions:appliances, Aquahot, etc., and we also keep the last maintenance records in there as well.

So, when is your first trip and where to??

I see my fuel gage isn't working properly. It just barely moves when I have a full tank
    Roadrunner. Are you sure it's bad? Have you driven far enough to know? I would assume you're 93 is a 8V92, and if stock you have a 160 gallon tank (you might have as much as 250 gallon).

ON a stock 160 gallon tank, with an 8V92 guesstimating at 6mpg, you get about 240 miles per quarter of a tank. So, things don't go down real fast. I too have a 93, and my guage seems to be about dead on. When I'm on 1/2, I put in about 80 gallons, etc.

So, fill it up full. And drive about 250 miles. Are you down 40 gallons? You should register about 3/4 full at that point. If it ain't moved, you definitely got a problem then.

I will try to send a few pictures in the next couple days. I don't see a way to attach them, but I suppose there must be one somewhere since others are doing it.

The coach has been driven about 500 miles since I first looked at it last week, and the fuel gauge stays the same. I didn't make it clear in my first post about the gauge, but it stays on empty all the time. I don't know when I will get around to checking this out.

We went to Canada and Alaska in September/October, so we don't have any immediate plans for another extended trip. One other thing I need to clarify is that I am retired from my last job of 34 years, but I am still busy most days. I have a small horse farm where I have my own horses and board horses for others. I also run a small internet business; my wife has a part time job, and we are both heavily involved in our church, so I am not as free as some may have thought when I just said I was "Retired". We are trying to downsize the horse business, and I plan to shut down my internet business, but that isn't going to happen overnight. I don't like being tied down as much as we are at this time, and would like to be a little more free to go when I want to. Dale
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

it stays on empty all the time
    Yep, that would be a problem! I thought that it wasn't dropping down fast enough, which prompted my (incorrect) answer!