Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Mileage

i only wish i could get the mileage that's been described. the best mileage i have been able to average was 4.6 driving 70-75

I ave about 6.3-6.6 on this trip so far heading to Wisconsin from Calif. That's going 65-70 on an average.
    Last edited by Sid Tuls; 07-13-2011 at 06:25 PM.

I think your mileage is going out the exhaust pipe at that average speed

I just finished 5400 miles going 64MPH towing a 3/4 ton pick up at about 7000lbs. I get 6.2 to 6.4 mpg with the DDEC IV. This is running 2 cruise airs off the inverters and the dash air all the time.

I don't know what pump is driving but it must be a DDEC V or VI if not he should have the charge air cooler inspected for cracks.

Eat your heart out boys, 8.10 on this leg.

IMG_4154_1.jpg

Tuga I had heard that after the last big run up in oil prices, Exxon and maybe others had or were in the process of building a refinery or refineries that focused more on diesel output. Maybe only certain types of crude oils generate more diesel then other lighter condensates or visaversa. I don't believe you can refine any barrel of crude and make it all come out diesel because diesel is only a small percentage of total usually but I may be wrong. More diesel refined and into the market equals lower prices.

Of all the expenses related to bus ownership, fuel is at the bottom of my list to care about.

I'll bet on average, with the typical mileage driven by us on an annual basis, I spend more on tires, batteries, maintenance (belts, hoses, air bags, etc.) and fluid changes than I do on fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledo View Post
    Tuga I had heard that after the last big run up in oil prices, Exxon and maybe others had or were in the process of building a refinery or refineries that focused more on diesel output. Maybe only certain types of crude oils generate more diesel then other lighter condensates or visaversa. I don't believe you can refine any barrel of crude and make it all come out diesel because diesel is only a small percentage of total usually but I may be wrong. More diesel refined and into the market equals lower prices.
    Lee,

I hope what you are saying is true. I remember back in the days before low sulfur diesel, diesel was .50 to .60 per gallon cheaper than gasoline. I am looking at my rack sheet (daily prices from my jobber) and the difference between diesel and gasoline is .0725 before any taxes. The tax on diesel is .1705 higher than the tax on gasoline. So that results in .2430 higher cost per gallon. Take a look at the street prices and you will see a .50 to .60 HIGHER price for diesel. The extra cost goes directly into the pocket of the truck stop owner!

Also, did you ever notice that the customer is forced to pay a higher credit card price on diesel BUT NOT ON GASOLINE!

I'd like to hear that explanation. Even using Obama math you can't make that dog hunt!

The truck stops are ripping us off - plain and simple!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tom, Tuga and the rest of you fine gentlemen I won't post my milage I get on this ORPHAN BUS because I don't want youall to get depressed. Youall will be wanting to trade down just to attempt to equal my milage!!!
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer