Thread: Updated Replacement Parts and Bus Filters in EXEL Spreadsheet Format Thanks Brian E!

Default Updated Replacement Parts and Bus Filters in EXEL Spreadsheet Format Thanks Brian E!

Updated Replacement Parts and Bus Filters in EXEL Spreadsheet Format
    Click Here for an EXEL copy
    Thank you to Brian Esler

Located in the Information Sharing Section

Excellent! Thank you, Brian & Jim!

What vintages & models does this list pertain to?

I agree with Michael Terry, great bit of info and all together....that said, is there any definitive info like this for the older coaches with an 8V92T??

All any of us can say is that lists of filters, belts, etc are specific to our particular coach. Due to variations between converters, Prevost vintages and even changes a converter may make from one model to the next each list may be unique.

What any listing of parts gives you is a format or a starting point to create a list specific to your coach. A great way to create your own is to get the numbers of the belts, filters and other maintenance itesm from your coach and then when you purchase those components get cross reference numbers for the various brands.

As Jon points out, the spreadsheet is intended as a starting point to create a listing of parts and service intervals that is customized for your rig. The Replacement Parts Spreadsheet is essentially useless unless it is modified for your specific bus VIN number.

To get started you will need your “Coach Final Record” document along with the Owner’s Manual for the year and model of your bus. If you don’t have these documents they can easily be obtained from the Prevost Parts Department at 800 621 5519. The Coach Final Record is part of the original build record for your bus and it will list most of the components and OEM part numbers for the parts listed on the spreadsheet. The Owner’s Manual is the official source for factory service intervals, and also lists approved fuels and lubrication products.
    I have also added some instructions and resources to the spreadsheet to make it easier to customize.

Attached is a PDF copy of the updated spreadsheet for your information. I would be happy to hear any suggestions for improvement. Unfortunately I don't think a PDF copy can be used as a template although it will be shown in the articles section along with the Excell spreadsheet. If you don't have MS Excell and would like to do your own research, send me a PM and I would be glad to modify the spreadsheet for your bus.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just want to emphasize a point Brian makes. The parts list for your coach and the maintenance schedule as provided by Prevost is a great starting point, but it is incomplete and will need to be modified. Each coach is unique. A few examples. Converters install the generator and just that device alone has a list of belt(s), filters, and a maintenance schedule. The same goes for Cruise or roof airs. On those condensing and evaporator coils need periodic cleaning and filters need to be changed. None of this is listed in any Prevost manual.

But jumping back to the Prevost, there are many items on which Prevost is silent on recommended maintenance intervals and the burden is up to you to establish what you feel is a correct mileage or time interval. You will likely extend the Prevost stated maintenance for brake chambers which our manuals say is 1 year or 100,000 miles, which ever comes first. But many of you will probably shorten the intervals for engine oil changes. When developing your list I think you have to decide what works best for you and how you use your coach. But do not expect to find all the parts numbers, recommended service intervals, or procedures (such as cleaning AC coils) in any one spot. It is a huge effort to pull it all together and involves a lot of resources. To add to the effort required keep in mind as our coaches age the manufacturers of all that goes into it often change part numbers and in some cases replacement parts. A good example is Prevost has changed part numbers and the actual air bags from what was originally on my coach. The point here is to always strive to keep the maintenance schedule and parts list current by recording the latest numbers.

If you can, use Brian's efforts as a starting point you will save hours of research.