Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I saw this coach online....

I am not in a position to defend people who are in the business of selling coaches, but I am in the process of selling a plane so I can sympathize with them.

There is more BS being spread by potential buyers than I can shake a stick at. I have had people claim the purchase will be a cash transaction and have me jump through all the hoops pulling the paperwork together and then they disappear. I find out later they not only did not have the cash, they could not get financing. I have had buyers accept the price subject to a review of the books and a test flight, only to have them decide after they get to Knoxville they decided they want to pay less than we agreed. One clown had a plane he needed to trade, I finally agreed to accept and the deal fell through because he owed more than it was worth and couldn't make the deal work financially. In all conversations it was free and clear.

If I had to put up with that to make a living I would just slit my wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by gershwin View Post
    Something is going on w/ them - maybe others can chime in. I've heard some "stuff" from others - not sure I should share. But will say that my experience is they don't follow up, haven't been the least bit accommodating when dealing w/ their consigned inventory. Just don't appear receiptive.
    Something IS going on. That salesman is gone, as I found out on a visit this Friday. Pickings are slim on the lot.

Sawbonz,

We purchased our Liberty from Marathon Coach in San Antonio, Florida. Knowing now what I should have known back then, I would be reluctant to make another purchase there.

When I brought up my concerns to the salesman after we had taken delivery, admittedly some time later, he said he would "get back to corporate" and let me know of their response.

Never heard another word.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    Sawbonz,

We purchased our Liberty from Marathon Coach in San Antonio, Florida. Knowing now what I should have known back then, I would be reluctant to make another purchase there.

When I brought up my concerns to the salesman after we had taken delivery, admittedly some time later, he said he would "get back to corporate" and let me know of their response.

Never heard another word.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send a PM.
    When did this happen?

That is not the dealer we are working with, but it would be hard to count out a dealer if they had the rig you like. It just isn't that easy to find 10-20 in one spot like with the plastics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    I am not in a position to defend people who are in the business of selling coaches, but I am in the process of selling a plane so I can sympathize with them.

There is more BS being spread by potential buyers than I can shake a stick at. I have had people claim the purchase will be a cash transaction and have me jump through all the hoops pulling the paperwork together and then they disappear. I find out later they not only did not have the cash, they could not get financing. I have had buyers accept the price subject to a review of the books and a test flight, only to have them decide after they get to Knoxville they decided they want to pay less than we agreed. One clown had a plane he needed to trade, I finally agreed to accept and the deal fell through because he owed more than it was worth and couldn't make the deal work financially. In all conversations it was free and clear.

If I had to put up with that to make a living I would just slit my wrists.
    I feel your pain. This happened to mine while it was for sale. Not by a prospect but it did resolve the divesture.

I've got a guy up here that may be able to help you move it if interested PM me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gershwin View Post
    I feel your pain. This happened to mine while it was for sale. Not by a prospect but it did resolve the divesture.

I've got a guy up here that may be able to help you move it if interested PM me.
    Now, how do you tear up the BACK of the wing????

If it was a Cessna it would be a bird strike.

I'm guessing a piece of ground equipment such as a tug or fueling truck did the deed.

Hmmm, maybe something that fancy goes in reverse. My Cherokee Six was forward only, as I recall. Of course it's been almost 7 years....

Could be tornado damage?

JIM

Its a Lear 35a - some fool left his throttle open on start up or something to that effect and ran into it. Talk about an OH SH** moment. Good thing - no one was hurt. It was a total.