Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I saw this coach online....

Default I saw this coach online....

And really like it from the pictures. I have emailed for more info, but wonder if any of you have thoughts on it generally, or even if you know anything of this coach in particular.

2005 Marathon Coach

Thanks.

I remember someone else has looked at this and possibly made an offer.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Sawbonz,

This Marathon coach 888. It is a spectacular coach. The paint scheme we think is great and the interrior is Us. I had told Phil Cornelius at Marathon back in June 2004 when this coach was being PDI for delivery to the new owner, that we would love to own it when it sold. Unfortunately, he came up for sale a year later, and has been for sale off and on since but now the price is more realistic.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

I just got off of the phone with Steve at California Coach. This one has been for sale by Marathon for 2 1/2 years. They only have it listed on one site and have had several calls on it including a buyer from Mississippi with a deposit and a backup full price buyer.

Looks great on film, and the price is right, which is why they are getting the interest they are. Maybe this will become the benchmark for bus sales this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbonz View Post
    I just got off of the phone with Steve at California Coach. This one has been for sale by Marathon for 2 1/2 years. They only have it listed on one site and have had several calls on it including a buyer from Mississippi with a deposit and a backup full price buyer.

Looks great on film, and the price is right, which is why they are getting the interest they are. Maybe this will become the benchmark for bus sales this summer.
    Yes I was one of those callers. From the time I called him on a Friday and spoke w/ him again on a Monday it was gone. I had no idea it was going to go that fast as I had been watching that coach for 2 years and waiting for it to get to the right price of which Steve finally had it priced.

Quote Originally Posted by gershwin View Post
    Yes I was one of those callers. From the time I called him on a Friday and spoke w/ him again on a Monday it was gone. I had no idea it was going to go that fast as I had been watching that coach for 2 years and waiting for it to get to the right price of which Steve finally had it priced.
    Wow, I didn't realize I had to be lurking, ready to pounce!

Too bad for me. That coach just kind of spoke to us. I figured we would be able to get one rather quickly, but it really looks like this is going to be an ordeal...

I had my eye on that one too. Seems this is an example of an interior style that has wide appeal. Converters should build more like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by travelite View Post
    I had my eye on that one too. Seems this is an example of an interior style that has wide appeal. Converters should build more like this one.
    Yes, but I don't think that was the only appeal. Curious what drew others to it and if the bunks - were part of that equation?

For me I liked:
    Dark subtle changes in exteior color - not to busy, muted and bold
    Wood veneer interior what I have previously called an "organic" feel
    non-clutered feel
    Bunks!
    Sweet "mondo" propane grill
    booth and twin sofas (I never have understood the $200 "euro recliner" converters put in to coaches.

As you said, it was spot on - hence the reason it is the first coach in a very long time that as soon as it was listed on prevost-stuff it was snatched up. Sellers/dealers - take note.

I agree with all of those points, gershwin. Personally, I thought bunks would be a turn off for most because buyers tend to be older, but lesson learned.

It was snatched up from that listing, but on sale for two years prior by Marathon. Makes me wonder what else is sitting out there.

Just this morning I sent an email to the sales rep at Marathon Florida. I haven't heard from him in months, since our last visit. Drove through the lot last night and noticed several new faces.... Not your typical sales person, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbonz View Post
    I agree with all of those points, gershwin. Personally, I thought bunks would be a turn off for most because buyers tend to be older, but lesson learned.

It was snatched up from that listing, but on sale for two years prior by Marathon. Makes me wonder what else is sitting out there.

Just this morning I sent an email to the sales rep at Marathon Florida. I haven't heard from him in months, since our last visit. Drove through the lot last night and noticed several new faces.... Not your typical sales person, I guess.
    Something is going on w/ them - maybe others can chime in. I've heard some "stuff" from others - not sure I should share. But will say that my experience is they don't follow up, haven't been the least bit accommodating when dealing w/ their consigned inventory. Just don't appear receiptive.