Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JDUB - Postasaurus

Hybrid View

It was always "You fix them, then ride, then fix again. The no oil under then is correct. There is no oil in it.

Wishing you the best from the Country Coach side.

All that Big Talk in another thread about the next POG thingy; and something about bringing hell with you----Well that must be OxyMoronCondone talking?

Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Jerry,
    back pain is relentless, I know I am stating the obvious, but I agree that strengthening your core (ab muscles imparticular) will help hold your back. They have made great strides in back surgery procedures. That being said, I would only go that route as a last resort. I would also look for a certified muscle release therapist. This has proven to be extremely helpful in situations like yours. My niece has three ruptured discs in her back from a car accident and MRT has helped her tremendously. Believe it or not, so will ubiquinol (the only form of CoQ10 to use). Meanwhile, keep us all entertained as only you can!

Debi

Quote Originally Posted by rmboies View Post
    Jerry,
    back pain is relentless, I know I am stating the obvious, but I agree that strengthening your core (ab muscles imparticular) will help hold your back. They have made great strides in back surgery procedures. That being said, I would only go that route as a last resort. I would also look for a certified muscle release therapist. This has proven to be extremely helpful in situations like yours. My niece has three ruptured discs in her back from a car accident and MRT has helped her tremendously. Believe it or not, so will ubiquinol (the only form of CoQ10 to use). Meanwhile, keep us all entertained as only you can!

Debi
    I am in the process of trying to rehab a re-injury of a knee on which I had ACL reconstruction 5 years ago. My therapist is working on my core to try and straighten up my frame. He is using muscle release in the abdominal area, along with muscle excercise throughout the core and it is pretty amazing the difference it makes in realigning things.

Honestly I was skeptical at first but I am fast becoming a believer. Favoring the knee was causing me to stand and walk crooked, which in turn was causing back and neck spasms. This all in turn continued to aggravate the knee.

We will see how the knee responds to all this but at least the therapy is working to remove additional stress on it, and stress caused by favoring it.

Having back surgery (L5 removed) in 1991, both knees replaced in 2006 (one at a time) and Cancer Surgery in 2004, I feel that I have spent my time in the Hospital and under Medical Care. Improved procedures , diagnosis , and therapies have greatly improved. End result ? Some reduced activities one of which is not recurring pain such as has been described. Seen my share of it, tried as much as I could to stay out of "Under the Knife" situations, but had to make the difficult decisions and go on with my life. Have I done the best thing? I think so, I don't have the pervasive pain that over rules any life style, some difficulties, but we live and evolve. Stay strong Jerry, you will come around it. I remember too well, in recovery room from the back surgery realizing that the constant excruciating pain was gone. Go get em.

Quote Originally Posted by GDeen View Post
    I am in the process of trying to rehab a re-injury of a knee on which I had ACL reconstruction 5 years ago. My therapist is working on my core to try and straighten up my frame. He is using muscle release in the abdominal area, along with muscle excercise throughout the core and it is pretty amazing the difference it makes in realigning things.

Honestly I was skeptical at first but I am fast becoming a believer. Favoring the knee was causing me to stand and walk crooked, which in turn was causing back and neck spasms. This all in turn continued to aggravate the knee.

We will see how the knee responds to all this but at least the therapy is working to remove additional stress on it, and stress caused by favoring it.
    Gordon, glad to hear this is working for you. I always prefer less invasive means when possible and have seen enough through nursing to know that keeping an open mind is a good thing!

Debi

Ron Sink Guest

Try Dr. Mitchell on 2978. He told me what to do and I NEVER had to go back!!! That's my kind of Doc.

Jerry, been down that road, ended up getting shots to kill the nerves, works! lasts 18 months then do it again (RFL) like the song says " getting old is a drag"