Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cradlepoint router and USB dongle

The answer is there is no clear answer. It's about $45 or so to go to the hot spot w/ 4GB monthly. But of course we have an enterprise account that gets you a lower rate and a 25% discount, so I think Bruce is right for the average account. Out corporate account is so complicated they could only give me an estimate (we only have 60,000 employees, with half of them on company cell service).

But I am going to upgrade to a 4G air card for the router.

That is what I did and it seems to work great so far in the 3G coverage here. We leave in a couple of weeks for our first trip of 2011 and should run into a couple of 4G Verizon spots. Should be interesting to see if it really is as fast as they claim.

Thanks for the info.

Jerry..
    Do you have an external antenna on your bus for your aircard?
    I do and it works very well..
    I just wondered how many people use an external antenna and how well they think they work?
    Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    The answer is there is no clear answer. It's about $45 or so to go to the hot spot w/ 4GB monthly. But of course we have an enterprise account that gets you a lower rate and a 25% discount, so I think Bruce is right for the average account. Out corporate account is so complicated they could only give me an estimate (we only have 60,000 employees, with half of them on company cell service).

But I am going to upgrade to a 4G air card for the router.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

I don't have one. What do you have and how is it rigged up?

Jerry...

The external antenna is a flexible roof mounted antenna ...(EnGenius SN-ULTRA-AK10L External Cell Phone Antenna) I think that is the one I have. Gary Swaim ( POG member) installed it... he has Custom Coach Connection... The antenna coax goes through the roof and is attached to a wireless remote amplifier (Wilson) that is mounted in the bedroom looking at my Router and aircard. The difference in the signal is unreal...I have the router mounted high on the bedroom wall pretty much out of sight and have my printer in the cabinet under it which is connected to my router also... All the wires are hidden.
    It all works very well together.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

That sounds like a win/win situation, hello Gary?