Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Air Force 1 Towed Braking system

Glad it worked out. I think that the location for the valve is a good one and it should stay fairly clean there. Easy to run the tubing around that area too. Hope everything works out for your install...take care.

Mark

Mark...thanks a lot for jumping in with an excellent place to mount the tank/valve unit. We have been doing a rally at Paso Robles and not much time to spend on the POG sight. I see how the shop in FL really missed the ideal location which sure beats the relocating parts on the curb side.
    Great to be on the POG site with members like you and Mr. Winchester.
    AL

Quote Originally Posted by BoaterAl View Post
    Mark...thanks a lot for jumping in with an excellent place to mount the tank/valve unit. We have been doing a rally at Paso Robles and not much time to spend on the POG sight. I see how the shop in FL really missed the ideal location which sure beats the relocating parts on the curb side.
    Great to be on the POG site with members like you and Mr. Winchester.
    AL
    I figured that since you were discussing how to fit it in on the curb side, I would at least mention this location. When I had mine installed at SMI, the guy that did it looked at several places to mount it and thought that the road side made the most sense because of the room available and ease of running the tubing to it. The valve / tank unit can easily be replaced if necessary without removing anything else or even really getting under the bus. That is another plus.

Take care..Mark

I have a '92 CC. Your pics are a great help. Can you give me a hint where on the chassis to look for the point where I splice-in the air line?

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    I have a '92 CC. Your pics are a great help. Can you give me a hint where on the chassis to look for the point where I splice-in the air line?
    The brake valves on mine were up by the drive axle. SMI did the installation at their location. They have installation instructions online with some pictures. They are in a .pdf file. If you get under the bus, make sure to have it supported by stands of some sort!!! You run the risk of being crushed if the bus decides to lower itself while you are under it without some protection. I know you can call SMI for assistance too. I have talked to them before and they are very good to deal with. Good luck.

Thanks. My instructions only had pictures of chassis like Workhorse. I will call to see where to download Prevost. Would never have thought to mount in the engine bay until i saw your post. Makes tons more sense than on the underneath. No chance of getting squished. I will mount the tank and connector and let my local frame shop with a pit do the scary stuff.

Yes, it does need re inforcing that our Coaches are raised and lowered by the air system. I have seen mechanics crawl under non supported coaches and work. This is insanity. These coaches can drop for no good reason at a moments notice.
    In the Prevost book as well as on line, there is information where to support the Coach frame, not the axles, when wanting to work under a coach.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Please see new post on my Hyda-boost problem. Thanks!