Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Header - Prevost Ft. Worth / Marathon Grand Prairie

Default Double Header - Prevost Ft. Worth / Marathon Grand Prairie

In an extraordinary feat of coordination, I was able to pull off a trifecta today as all the maintenance gods lined up in my favor.

First issue was that the new bus had 4 rock chips in the driver side glass. I call Prevost while the windshield special was on, buy one and have them hold it until I can come by in a couple weeks.

I also have the high tech crapper to finish (knew the issue, needed the fix)' so that was a Marathon issue. So I called the Marathon service manager and say, "Dude, my coach is going to be over at Prevost having the windshield changed, could you send the technician over there and I'll personally help him pull the crapper and he can take it back to your shop or we'll fix it right there on the wash rack. He's good with that.

So I show up last night, get parked, eat the worst dinner ever and off to bed. 7am sharp the doorbell rings. Then for the first time, I get to use the cool doorbell camera / intercom system since Rae is in the shower and I'm still on snooze waiting for the bathroom to clear out. Tech guy says he's ready to go. I tell him I'll unplug the coach and pull it in the door shortly.

I pull in the shop and he has the windshield there in the rolling rack and the man lift ready. I mention to the jr. shop manager guy that I suspect my front roof AC might be acting up since the fan blew okay, but I didn't think the compressor was cycling.

He rolls the man lift to the side of the coach, whips the cover off and there is a burned starter condenser. He yanks it out, we do some Internet detective work and while they can't find the factory spec'ed starter assembly, the find the individual pieces down the street for $30. Pops them in, AC now cooling like a mutha.

Then as scheduled, the Marathon tech shows up. We yank the toilet out and he leaves for their shop (it can't be two miles from Prevost). Rae and I slip off to the Waffle House for breakfast and on the way back to Prevost, Marathon calls. Toilet is done and he is heading back to Prevost.

Get to Prevost, windshield is done, AC is buttoned up, we install the crapper and have a few test flushes and I am out the door by 10:30am. Everyone did either exactly what they said or more and nary a snag.

And to top it off, I get over here to the Grapevine RV park and my cousin the IT guru shows up with my new iPad2 about the the time I shut the engine down.

I think I'll go buy some lottery tickets. I never have days like this. And I was only moderately drugged - even better.

Only you could pull all of that off in 3 1/2 hrs! Let us know the results of the Waffle House Smothered and Covered deal when you try the new Crapper, it will for sure have to be up to it's highest technological capacity.

A true test would have been to go to Joe T. Garcia's for lunch and order several of the meals for 2.

Speaking of Double Head...ers, Tonight the "REAL TEST"
    Last edited by charlesebrownjr; 04-15-2011 at 08:58 PM.

JDUB doesn't know it yet, but the two guys from Marathon that showed up in the NASA space suits with the Waste Management (Hazardoust Waste Disposal Unit) and the guy from the EPA, sent his old toilet via FedEx to Houston Space Center and put it on a unmanned rocket. Now in geosynchronous orbit at 22,500 miles in space. In the future, any of you that have complaints about a CRAPPY picture on there satellite should call JDUB not Dish or Direct. Marathon said they just gave him a new toilet!!!:-) They said it was worth jus replacing the old one.

Well the Marathon guy did go thru about a case of those blue disposable gloves.

Smothered and covered will run thru the chopper in the am, but I can tell you this - nothing inorganic can go in that crapper. You can chop an elephant turd with corn big as silver dollars in it and you are okay. But don't toss as much as a Q-tip in it or you'll be calling Ghostbusters.

And I got a big problem here with a wife, two daughters, two sisters, two nieces and all their associated friends. A chick won't think twice about trying to flush a Sonic cup full of ball bearings down a toilet, so I'm either going to rig up one of those little monitors to give a pre-flush briefing when the door closes or just declare it a bio waste site and make them all hoof it down to the Pot-O-Gold for their every thirty minute commune with nature.

As the Jeep would say................."Now THAT was funny.

Attention Prevost Prouds: This is as serious as it gets!

On the day that is the regular tax day...that usually requires large amounts of Vodka before retiring and telling one last OBAMA joke...one bad ass day america!!! this is more than funny !!!
    Now that OBAMAis running for re-election I hear he was going to appear at Liberty Subaru in NJ because he wants to hang out with Rick....how's that for starting trouble...as a matter of fact...since it is April 15th...I am under the affulance of incolol.

Oh No Mike, Say it isn't so !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

JDUB, that's simply incredible.

However, I fear that with an experience such as this now in the rear view mirror, you've about used up your good karma for a long, long time....

Red face Alternate Marathon Commode

The official Marathon rcommended alternate Commode;http://www.sportchalet.com/product/300381_0563660.do

Magazines not included
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide