Thread: Water Leaks

Hybrid View

Ben Guest

Joe,

Thanks for the shot of your custom drain hole. I'll have to either find the one that's supposedly there, or copy your idea.

Ben, no real skill is required to pull the locking cord on the windows and re-installing it just takes time and a flat bladed screw driver or something else to force it back into place.

Orren and Gary are right relative to the sealant. Just avoid the cheap stuff and get a good quality.

Ben, those lights are a GM part, and I think a Chevy dealer can get gaskets. It is just easier to seal them.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Shell leaks

If you have a leak, for example on the clearance lights or cargo lights, I disagree with using silicone. Getting silicone off later on may cause problems with paint and plastic lens breakage.

We had a leak on our old coach over the driver's window due to the lack of any gasket put on by Prevost (read this as being they forgot to do it).

I'd suggest using the RV caulking tape, available at any local RV dealership. It is cheap. It's a roll, either white or gray, made with turpentine and goo. Take your lens and a length of the tape, put it on the area of the lens to be sealed and screw the lens or lens housing back it...well, just right. Then take a smooth piece of pointed wood and trim off the excess.

Voila! (As they say in Quebec). You now have a completely sealed, watertight fix which is reversible.

And your bus will like it when you speak French to it.