Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Member Locations

There is one solution to avoiding membership lists and information leading to problems and that is to compile a list with all the information and email it as an attachment or just print out a hard copy annually to be mailed to current members.

I would prefer a hard copy that could be kept in the coach, but then again I may be the only computer illiterate here.

Dale

Please add us to your map: Hubbard, OH, first/last exit on I80 in Ohio.

Hang on, we want in on this. We are in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. 2 miles east of a Camping World.
    We have 50 amp and water hookup. For "black water", you will have to cross you axles.

JIM & CHRIS
    2000 Marathon "H"3-45, with various towed's behind

OK, I'm going a little off the chart here, but since part of what we are doing in this group is helping each other, and we are getting an impressive level of collective expertise, and it sounds like there are assets we have that could be of tremendous value, should we consider pulling all of this together?

For example, Mango and JDUB are both highly qualified Webasto experts. They have been deep inside of one and have the ability to analyze or repair them.

JDUB has the DD reader. And he is not afraid to use it.

I have a pit and would not mind spending a few hours in the pit showing another owner the finer points of the underside of a coach, or repairing a brake.

Tom is our resident Marathon inverter guru, and he knows how to make it work under varying power conditions.

My point is we can go beyond just listing addresses, but can list skills or assets we can make available to help others. When we started this thing we never dreamed how fast we could pull together the expertise that has emerged, so I seriously think we should put it to work and continue to build a base of "experts" all over the country, including a listing of POG members like CoBus that have a place we can park.

When we need help, there is nothing better than having another helper, even if the help is just moral support.

Default Map

OK, I think this is a great idea and resource, but I keep thinking about Randy Quaid in National Lampoons VACATION movies. The inlaw from Hell who never leaves. Clark Griswald,s Nemisis.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Christmas Vacation

Gary: I believe that would be Cousin Eddy. Do you have a manhole in front of your house? I remember what its for now.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

I,m afraid I do Have a manhole in my driveway.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

dalej Guest

Hi all, I'm down here in Phoenix now and just logged on since Wensday, boy you guys sure post a lot! We have the wedding today and spending time with family till Monday when we start back home, be home Tuesday night late. Believe it or not, I miss you guys. Might just have to get a verizon card, lucky I'm parked close to some office with open wifi.

dalej Guest

This is a update for the members so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you want to see how another group, the DataStorm users group does this take a look at http://map.datastormusers.com/

After the US map loads, scroll down to any user name and click on it.

You get a localized map, with any other datastorm user who is in that area posted as well.

They have recently also added the ability to view everyone on google earth!

http://map.datastormusers.com/kml/108.kml (if you have GE installed)

What's really fun with this group is the locations are dynamic. As they travel around, they run a program which grabs their latitude and longitude from the satellite dish, and registers their location with the map server.

I know the author of this, perhaps I can see if he'd be willing to share a bit?

ps: Here's a google earth link to my home! http://map.datastormusers.com/kml/00003029.kml

Dale, put me on in Lake Forest CA, just right and down from Kevin's dot!
    Last edited by Ray Davis; 11-17-2006 at 04:19 PM.