Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Member Locations

Hey Harry, Thanks for the invite but won't be able to make it, I'll take a rain check. I've haven't ever been to a rally yet but hope to. Going to try to make it to the ballon feast in Sante Fe first of Oct.
    Sid, we did POG 2 rally at the Sana Fe Skies RV park in NM a couple of years ago, and many of us went to the balloon festival. Very fun. You'll have a great time. Try the Santa Fe Skies park if you haven't got a place to stay yet.

Ray

Sid: We'll catch up with you on another event. I'm suprised Ray did not remind you to take Parka's and warm clothes for the Dawn Patrol event at the Baloon Festival. We froze our fannies off before daybreak watching it, but it was spectacular. Enjoy.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Thumbs down LOST IN THE FORUM UPGRADE

Seems that Dale's map and contact list got misplaced in the recent forum upgrade.

Where can we find it??????

JIM

I asked Skiffer about the map and list of POGgers this morning. He said that it went away with the upgrade, but he was working on a replacement. Give him a week or two and we should have the map and list of folks with phone numbers available.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

POG seems to have recently added a number of new members, its sponsors have changed, and there may be a lot of folks now on board that do not realize what a huge resource access to this group can be.

I will restate for the newer folks that when we bought our first bus our total access to assistance, advice, or information was a couple of 800 numbers. Today, thanks to the internet and POG none of us is ever more than a phone call away (or email) from local advice. It doesn't matter where you are or what the problem there is probably a POG member or sponsor that can give you guidance on how to deal with problems wherever you are.

Having contact information for the folks on this forum can be a godsend and if Skiffer is going to reconstruct a map and listing of folks I would suggest that each member provide a very brief listing of what assets might be available to other POG members in need. For example if a POG member has some experience with a specific type of conversion, or has available parking space, or can recommend a good local mechanic this should be listed.

We have a lot of talent, knowledge and resources among POG members and I would like to see us continue to utilize those assets when a POG member needs help.

I'm with Jon on the member map and contacts. We tried years ago to get as much participation as possible and did pretty good, but only a small percentage of members joined in.

The other benefit of having that map and contacts is help if and when someone has a medical problem or is injured and can't drive their bus. It's nice to know that you can count on the POG members for help, but you have to make your information known.

So please participate when the new map and contacts become available. If your concerned about making public (POG) your exact location, at least identify your town/city and phone number. Lets face it, anyone with a computer can find you anyway!

Jon and Truk make excellent points. Our most valuable resource is the collective knowledge and experience of our members.

I would hate to think that I was near enough to help someone but wasn't able to simply because they didn't have the information they needed to contact me.

I mean, even I can bring a cold one out to a stranded bus driver

Default I Second the motion

I agree 100 percent with Jon, the contacts map, phone numbers, level of skill or repair and parking info is so important to the new owner as well as the old owner as in Jon or Me. When it gets dark - he needs a place to park.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Jon also needs to know how far it is to the closest oyster bar.

Bonnie

I'm glad you guys agree with me, the map and list are some features that are important to POG.

Dale initiated the map on his own time and expense and I think he should be commended for that. The map and list have in the past helped several directly and offered mental piece of mind to those who knew of it.

Hope it returns soon. It should be easy to do, nothing else went away with the upgrade.

JIM