Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just picked up my new coach

Default Just picked up my new coach

Well, new to me. It is a 2003 Country Coach XLII. The drive home was really great, and made me feel good about my purchase. The folks who sold me the coach ( Natinal Indoor Storage) have been great. But I do have a small issue ( I hope small). When I parked the coach, I noticed that there was a motor running. I assumed it is the auxiliary motor supplying air. So I guess I must have a small air leak. The only way I could turn it off was to use the battary disconnect near the passenger seat. Until I can get it fixed, my question is " Is there another way to stop the motor running while parked other then the Battery Disconnect?". Nolan

Nolan,

Contests to you and your crew. We are practically neighbors as we keep the bus in our hanger to the Hooks airport. Where do you intend to store yours? You need to drop by some Saturday when we have a Tom Sawyer like bus washing going on.

Jerry

CONGRATULATIONS Nolan and Nita. You will just love it. Can't wait to see it @ Jefferson Lake in a couple of months.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Well, new to me. It is a 2003 Country Coach XLII. The drive home was really great, and made me feel good about my purchase. The folks who sold me the coach ( Natinal Indoor Storage) have been great. But I do have a small issue ( I hope small). When I parked the coach, I noticed that there was a motor running. I assumed it is the auxiliary motor supplying air. So I guess I must have a small air leak. The only way I could turn it off was to use the battary disconnect near the passenger seat. Until I can get it fixed, my question is " Is there another way to stop the motor running while parked other then the Battery Disconnect?". Nolan
    Others will comment as well, and will correct me if my answer will not apply to your coach: the inverter fan(s) will run as long as the inverters are powered and the battery charger(s) engaged. But what I think is more likely (was for me) is that the coolant circulation pump will run for a period of time before shutting off.
    Last edited by Kenneth Brewer; 03-23-2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: tense

Nolan,

Congratulations on finally getting her home. I know that you and Nita must be smiling from ear to ear. I can't wait to see it.
    In the small signature picture she sure is "purty".

If you think it is the auxillary air compressor, send a private email to Neal and Carla (Neal&Carla), Patrick and Sherry (pwf252) or Fast Roger (rfoster) all have Country Coach XLII's and ask them where the breaker for the auxillary air compressor is located so that you can just turn it off that way. As Ken pointed out it could be the fans on the inverters. You can probably check the inverter fans easily by opening the bay door where the inverters are located to see if that is the source of the noise.

Congratulations again,

Loc

PS - If for any reason you don't end up liking the CC just give SpongeBob (Gary) a call because his next coach is going to be a Country Coach.
    Last edited by Loc; 03-23-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Way to go Nolan & Nita!!! Great looking coach, I know you must be proud of it!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Congratulations on the purchase. It looks fabulous and I am certain it is in a good home. It is possible the electronics board is simply finctioning and this is a 24 hour, seven day function that does not cease. It humms. Way to go Nita!. Keep that guy in line!
    Pres

Nolan: Congratulations on the new to you Country Coach. We have 03 CC and just love it. Jerry Winchester wants one but went and bought some other brand so be careful around him. He might want to trade.

If you have questions are issues that you need help with there are many, many Country Coach owners on this forum that are more than willing to offer a hand. A couple of the are even Experts.

Regarding the motor you here - if its the aux air compressor located in the compartment behind the front bumper, there is a series of buttons in the first bay, front wall, passenger side that will cut off the compressor or there are a series of buttons beneath the radio on the dash with Air Compressor label that you should be able to cut it off.

My cell number is 423 340 0498 if I can help
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Nolen,

He also has a CC tech that follows him in a service truck while he is on the road to make sure he can get the awnings out and the tanks dumped. So when he lists his cell number, he's just jacking with you because he doesn't take calls on it.

Nolen and Nita,
    We are glad for you. I am sure you will love it. Todd and Eddie at NIRV know my bus better than I do. I assume Bill Kipp would also know your bus.
    I frequently call them about why something isn't working right. My auxiliary air compressor is quite noisy up by the drivers seat. My inverter fans are usually on when I am plugged in back by the drive axel passenger side. If you leave the the battery disconnect switch off, you will not have electricity to any house appliances. See you in East Texas in May.