Thread: RV Lot Ownership - Pro / Con

Threaded View

Default RV Lot Ownership - Pro / Con

When we picked up our first Prevost in San Diego, our first overnight spot was at a place I had never heard of - Outdoor Resorts in Palm Springs. It certainly was not the typical campground we were used to and had become the gold standard with respect to RV parks for us. However, I didn't get it with respect to why you would want to own one of these lots.

So now 3 Prevost coaches later and a ton more experience, we have stayed a several of these own-your-own-lot places, most recently Heritage and Bella Terra. Now I can say that I think the way the Heritage place is set up is first class with a good location, marina and very well landscaped. We asked for and took the tour. Pretty nice place.

Then I talked to a guy whom we had met at the French Quarter RV park a few years back who was also there for a couple of days. He was looking at a lot and told me he owned a lot a FQRV, which I didn't even know sold lots. Anyway, I have been wondering why folks buy those lots rather than just renting them, like we did. I guess if you wanted to stay for several months and was worried about availability then that might be an issue and one of the lots at Heritage was owned by a lady just as an investment, so that might be another angle. But I heard that there were some fire sale prices on similar properties in Florida recently, so you have to wonder about that strategy.

So I know there are folks on the forum that both own lots at really nice parks and those who just rent periodically them and I would like to hear some of the reasoning for the decisions if you are willing so share them.
    Last edited by Jerry Winchester; 03-21-2011 at 01:40 PM.